Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nyuugaku-hen - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Smart Little Sister, Dumb Big Brother

Dex-chan lover
I feel it necessary to point this out for people that are so against it that they'd drop a series over it. If you didn't pick up on it from what we see here in chapter 1,
the Shiba siblings only have and will only ever have eyes for each other.

In fact,
by volume 16 of the novels, their own aunt has announced their engagement of all things so it's pretty damn official. Not sure of the details on why they can even pull that off other than being rich and powerful, that tidbit came straight from the wiki as I haven't read that far myself.

Dex-chan lover
I am always amazed by the sheer stupidity of the two class system in manga schools, but this one takes the medal: if the power of a country is decided by the number of mages, why waste half of the best students of the country? We are not talking about some random munchkin, they are the 200 best of the whole country...

Think about real life: not everyone that enter a medicine university become a surgeon, but you still need a lot of general practitioners. Not everyone needs to get a Ph.D in physics, but your country is way better if everyone knows how to read and do basic math. Not everyone become a CEO of a multinational company, but you still need an army of office workers. You have already selected the 200 best mage of your country, you should really treasure each and every one of them. In their place, I would try to train everyone that shows even a scrap of talent: the best ones get a tuition, the others have to pay, but I bet that everyone with magical abilities will fare way better then the ones that doesn't

Is the start of the chapters supposed to be like that? Because that is from a later arc. Maybe it is just a random flash-forward, but it seems extremely out of place...

Thanks Glomoro, I felt like I needed to know that before continuing. Now I won't lol.

@daSweep I won't say that you should go ahead and read this manga even if you don't like "that" concept, but I just want you to know that
this series has the best and the most reasonable explanation for why "that" happens. Many people who usually don't like to see "that", actually made an exception and accepted "that" when they found out the details behind it. I'm not kidding when I say that the depth of their relationship and the chemistry between them is better than most couples out there, be it fictional or real. Also, the brother never sees his sister as a love interest (even when they're engaged due to serious 'reasons'), and it's only the sister who developed romantic feelings for him because of everything that happened in their past (it's complicated).

@Beregorn Actually, there's a lack of magicians in every field and industry, and the same applies to the education field as well (because only a little percentage of people have the potential to be magicians, and even less percentage of them are able to use magic in a practical manner). Therefore, they can't afford to have their teachers (precious human resource) spend time on 'less capable' ones, and thus the 'clearly superior ones' (Course 1 students) are prioritized and treated better; you really can't compare their situation with our real life, as magicians are a rare race, unlike us ordinary humans that can be found everywhere. The fact that they still allow 100 people as Course 2 students for the sake of having 'reserves', in case something happens to the 'elite ones', is a clear indication that there's no sign of stupidity in this case. This series has one of best explanations for everything that matters, so you just need to read the novel (the source material) if you have any sort of confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread