Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - To The Royal Castle

Dex-chan lover
her message is clear,

"You may be king but touch my chuuni side and I will bury you with it."

Fed-Kun's army
This loli has some fucking cojones. She just said "Nope everything you heard is false and I am a normal, but plug my shop and take these glasses for your old blind ass okbye".

Fed-Kun's army
?She fought so hard to make sure that the king wouldn't call her by her chuuni name and at the end she failed.?

Aggregator gang
thats not how glasses work. that's not how glasses work! That's not how glasses work! That's Not How Glasses Work! THAT'S NOT HOW GLASSES WORK!!!!!

You Don't Just Put Glasses On And Your Vision Is Spontaneously Better! You Have To Get Corrective Lenses And Frames That Fit! Glasses Are Not One Size Fits All!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
That little princess seemingly has the hots for the princess shrine maiden of thunder. At least a strong admiration.
Even the prince wanted in.

Fed-Kun's army
@ALLxISxLOST Lol I get it. I can suspend my disbelief for all of the other ridiculous shit this girl has done. But as a glasses wearer, this offends me. I want that king to sit in a weird chair with fucked up giant metal binoculars on his face saying "1....2...1...4..." to a bored ass doctor rethinking his life choices. And then spending way too much on a good looking frame because the free shit looks like it was intentionally made to make you look like a monster.

@ALLxISxLOST reading glasses does have over-the-counter versions that are cheaper and works enough for short-term reading.
For these people who never seen glasses, the effect probably significant enough to impress even with the downsides.
Again, these are not for myopic (near-sightedness) or other specific eye conditions, and more for Presbyopia (hard to read fine text due to aging).

just some notes on differences between over-the-counter reading glasses vs the prescription ones: https://www.lamorindaoptometry.com/are-over-the-counter-readers-good-enough/

For example, both my parents have few of these over-the-counter reading glasses lying around the house for convenience and 1 set each that are prescribed. Reason being they usually often only need them for short reading so convenience of over-the-counter versions are beneficial. They can be very cheap too, around USD 1-2 in value for very basic design.

Fed-Kun's army
non-prescription reading glasses exist and they don't require a trip to the optometrist. you can find lots of them at 100-yen shop.

Fed-Kun's army
non-prescription are fine for such a world, but the eyes are never identical so you want to go to an oftalmologist to know what is best, things can get worse depending on what you wear after all, even going without anything can worsen your eyesight if you have certain eye conditions.

Dex-chan lover
@GruntZone360 Yes, what was that... I assume she did some research on the king (royal maid connections) before going there

Dex-chan lover
Yeah my parents use them while i need ones so thick that they won't be able to make them any thicker.

Just what happens when you go years without anyone bringing up how you should be able to see things more than a few feet away.

2 bucks at the store. Still best to get checked out though if possible.

Statistically, old people need glasses. Showing glasses to old people to sell is a very safe bet.

Fed-Kun's army
Why not just say that you were making stuff up to scare the kidnappers?

Aggregator gang
@ALLxISxLOST But she laid out a whole host of reading glasses in front on him. You don't think she didn't lay out different common sizes? That's how glasses work at Wal-Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread