Edit denial. :rejected:

Contributor
Right now, if the administrator wants people not to edit an entry, they just deactivate/gray out the Edit button. However, this stops the editing of everything.

My suggestion is to keep the Edit button live, but gray out those items that should not be edited. The biggest example is the manga title. If the administrator doesn't want that to be edited, just gray out that field. This allows editing of the other fields. I've also seen some manga where the Demographic is set and in the description, that field should not be touched. Again, by graying out that field, you won't need the note in the description. Also, once the Pub Status is set to "Completed", that should be grayed out as well. Of course, if none of the items should be edited, graying out the Edit button is still an option.

All of the above should have an exception for the original page creator so that the page creator can still edit the page.

Power Uploader
You can report to notify admins to correct the page title, I did that until I became a contributor.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@astromath It's a bit too much effort to make a system like that when, as @josephgomes619 correctly mentioned, you can try to petition mods/admins to make the specific changes you want. You can use the Report function in the manga page to do that.

The original creator of the page is neither tracked nor is it important, unlike with the chapter uploader they don't and shouldn't hold any particular power over the manga's metadata.

Users who are viewing this thread