Fit width does not fit width :not a bug:

Either fit width is not working or it's not intended to fit to width and perhaps should be removed/renamed.

@Revrak
Maybe the original size is not very large? "Fit width" doesn't mean it has to stretch the images.

If the feature is not meant to fit images then it's not properly named. it should be renamed to shrink to width.
Fit implies it will resize the image to fit the width. if the original image is larger it should shrink it. if it's smaller it should "stretch" it .

@Revrak
Maybe only you think it that way? For example, I used Honeyview. And the fit to width stretching the images or not depends on you turning the stretching option on or off. It's still named fit to width nevertheless.
Alternatively, MD could add that option to the reader as well.

I can't do anything about your choice to wonder if I'm the only one who thinks this way when others have already reported this bug.
There is a lot of software out there, I am sure we can find more examples of software using inaccurate labels/descriptions.

@Revrak
Well, sure. Why not, it's just a name. And when they are at it, may as well change others to shrink height and shrink container, for technically the same reason: they don't stretch images, one way of fit only and not the other way around.

Staff
Admin
Not a bug.

It fits to width or height where applicable. We do not upscale images.

Group Leader
The problem is @Revrak, that upscaling images would force the servers to re-process the images every single time every single person loads every single image, which would put a huge strain on the servers.

If they just set the images to like width=100% or whatever the CSS code to stretch the images, it would be client side and I'm not sure you'd get any benefit from it...

Dex-chan lover
@Revrak
Ok I see the feedback is not valued.
FmT7Jflt.jpg

We'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you were having a bad day or that this is bait. After all, how could someone get through life with this kind of attitude?

@bigtiddyoneesan
I'm not sure what you mean by bait but since you are being cordial I'll explain.

I guess I did not give people the benefit of the doubt but since the second half of my report is not addressed at all I get the impression the admin stopped reading half way. Even if the feature is working as intended the description is not accurate and could be improved.

@KiTA
like I said before:
If the feature is not meant to fit images then it's not properly named. it should be renamed to shrink to width.
Fit implies it will resize the image to fit the width. if the original image is larger it should shrink it. if it's smaller it should "stretch" it .

Double-page supporter
> Fit implies

Here's your problem. You shouldn't judge things by your own ideas.

Group Leader
@Revrak

I wouldn't mind seeing a "stretch to width" option, but I don't know enough CSS to know if that's an option. Can you code CSS to force an image to stretch/zoom to the width of a window?

As an alternative, I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to zoom the window. In Brave, this causes the images to scale up too. A few ticks of zoom-in achieves what you're looking for.

@bzzbzz
Thanks for the unsolicited advice. I think you should follow your own advice and lookup the word fit in the dictionary.

@KiTA
Thabis for the help. I was confused about the way the setting worked. Like you said i can enlarge images using the browser zoom 🙂

Double-page supporter
If you're using ublock origin, you can use its custom filters feature to upscale images.

Code:
mangadex.org##.reader-image-wrapper:style(flex-grow: 2 !important;)
mangadex.org##.reader-image-wrapper img:style(object-fit: fill !important; width: 100% !important;)

(reader must be set to "fit width")

Users who are viewing this thread