Power Uploader: Rank Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
MangaDex has always depended upon the kindness of strangers for content...our uploaders! Without our uploaders, scanlators or not, we wouldn't enjoy the success that we have today.

Today, I'd like to focus on Power Uploaders, some of the unsung heroes of MD. Users can gain Power Uploader status after uploading 500 chapters total to MangaDex. Once you've reached 500 chapters, PM an admin (@ixlone or @Holo) and you will be granted the green Power Uploader rank that enables you to make edits to title page info on MangaDex. The knowledge that one could gain the Power Uploader rank was pretty widespread back when the MD community was much smaller. What we've come to realize is that we've been remiss in notifying all the newcomers about this earnable rank. For example, some of you may not know that Power Uploader also gives you access to a special channel on our Discord!

Staff relies a great deal on Power Uploaders to assist the developers in finding and fixing bugs. We also occasionally ask for Power Uploader input on important topics such as new features. Subsequently, Power Uploaders have their own channel specifically for them and staff. It's not open to the public! It's also just a fun place to hang out, since a lot of our most active members are Power Uploaders.

Note: It's also perfectly possible to be a Group Leader *and* a Power Uploader on our Discord channel! Get access to all the sekrit channels!

I would like to invite all of you to check your total number of uploaded chapters and see if you qualify for Power Uploader status. And if you don't, consider uploading until you reach that mark! For example, our hentai library is pretty bare bones at the moment, so it would be the perfect way to earn your 500 chapters. We have a lot of fun in the PU channel and I can personally say it's nice to be able to talk with other users that are just as passionate about MD's success as the Staff are.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post them below!

is a Reindeer
VIP
I got to power uploader status cause I wanted to join the sekrit Discord channel
ed15bf2f4b.png

and then I bribed my way to public relations

VIP
I did it for the colour/rank
ed15bf2f4b.png

Also, I never knew the sekrit discord channel even existed until I asked lol

Power Uploader
I got PU just to shitpost more on the real shitpost channel
ed15bf2f4b.png

Although nowadays I'm bringing the shitposting wherever I go.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I'm not a power uploader but I've always had access to the secret chat anyway

ed15bf2f4b.png

Group Leader
ed15bf2f4b.png

I want to become a PU by only uploading stuff my group translates
See y'all in ze sekrit channel in 3 years!

Power Uploader
I cheated my way through power upload by doing Tomo-chan.
ed15bf2f4b.png

(Wait, is my PU status even active?)

Dex-chan lover
I don't really care about having a title myself, but I do agree that we could use some more... research material around here. I've been thinking about the need for multiple doujin aggregators ever since Fakku started their evil shenanigans. There's a site purge every other day... something must be done to ensure the safety of our beloved Japanese scientific journals. Therefore I propose the Power H-Uploader title (or a similar one), which I believe would be an even better incentive to the bolstering of our erotica library.

Fed-Kun's army
I suggest to add custom name color, animation, no more communists, upvote button (not downvote that is only for villains) and cookies.
Thanks.

Power Uploader
I did it because nobody cares about indonesian translation back then, even one of our top visitor come from indonesia. And now it seems just only a little people cares about it (_ _")

@Zephyrus It's nice to know the titles aren't exclusive, but a more common thing would be: what are the upload rules people should be aware of? I have never consider uploading manga before, but after reading this post I start to wonder: What kind of manga are allowed? How do I even upload? How do I grab chapters from another site? This thread is meant to encourage the public readers to upload chapters on their own, but there are no mention of any guideline or rules. Am I expect to just read this, go to some random manga sites, and just start downloading each page from their reader?

I suggest adding a "If you are interested, check out x and y rules from our guideline and also this guide on how to use MD upload feature" or something similar. MangaDex is friendly enough for most readers to come and read manga, but uploading is another matter because it isn't the common practices for the average user. For a site-wide announcement like this, you should link relevant tutorials and guidelines for these new users to take a look at.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Rehab You can upload without the groups' permission. If they want they can lock their group and prevent people from uploading.

@Kn1000a
Anything is allowed except for scat/gore hentai. Manga -> New -> Fill out info -> 1 mb or below cover -> Upload to create a new manga page. Make sure the manga isn't already on the site by searching for alt names as well

Don't grab things from other aggregators if possible, use MangaUpdates as a reference to figure out what scanlation group did what. Don't upload chapters that are officially licensed versions. If you're pulling Hentai, get it from e-hentai/exhentai. Every other site is unreliable for finding things at original resolution. Don't edit/remove any pages. Uploading guidelines are found on the upload page. You can also find more in-depth guidelines on our rules page.

"We don't have that much hentai on the site & would appreciate you guys uploading more"

Yet another reason why Mangadex is the best

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Thoraxe41

Admin (red) > Developer (red) > Moderator (purple) > Public Relations (pink) > Power Uploader (green) > Group Leader (teal) > Contributor (light blue) > Member (dark blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread