Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 10 Ch. 72 - Savior

WIFE?! WIFE????
[Garbled screaming]

This is not fucking okay, Achmea. Holy shit. Cairn actually had some pointed things to tell Phos but their own affairs with Achmea are still so utterly skeevy. Phos is also not okay, goddamn. That introduction.

Let's play the guessing game of what Phos would give up next.
Looks like the body is still original.

ugh the limitations of how the story is told keeps some of the best plot out of our sights

gimme more of everyone! not just phos

Dex-chan lover
Moonman is introducing the concept of gender to the gems now, huh?

The moon guys treat the gems like girls? since when? I don't think the translators made a mistake here, the author is intentionally changing the game. from this chapter on. Which means it's another of Aechmea's ploys. He's been doing nothing but toying with the gems since the very start.

Dex-chan lover
What will Phos sacrifice regarding the gems? Is it their personalities and memories so that Phos will have easily commendable soldiers?

Double-page supporter
@sillymangareader I'd like to think that Aechmea is a manipulative bastard that is exploiting the concept of "noble savage"upon the gems, in their innocence the gems have a limited understanding of love, and are quite prone to be manipulated.

Fed-Kun's army
Why is everyone up in arms about the spirits of people who still have the idea of gender introducing it to the gems? It would have happened eventually anyway the first time anyone ever used a gendered pronoun.

pg. 10 - wasted oppurtinity to insert 'you'd think so but you'd be wrong'

Gonna bet one of those decisions will be about...
Pho's head. Or rather Lapis'
Does Phos want his head back? Can't 'revive' Lapis without returning it. Or maybe...

The 2nd decision is harder to guess... It might be related to Ghost (& perhaps Cairngorm too) or something else entirely.

Whatever happens, Cairngorm is likely in for a shock, which 'she' deserves right now.

Fed-Kun's army
Personally I am surprised to see Aechmea do the gender thing NOW instead of day 1 (though I guess you could say he did but more subtly?).

I also agree with Phos is kinda ugly to see them together ? Aechmea using their lack of knowledge of a dead culture/world is skeevy as all hell. And he is obviously doing it for himself. But I guess this gives him a weakness to exploit?

On the subject of the decision: It's probably If Phos wants his entire body restored. Does he want to start at square 1? Or at least Lapis head removed. If that happens, It could take years for him to wake up. Leaving the rest at prince creepazoid's mercy.

Ugh I need more chapters!

I like fierce feminine Cairngorm but I have mixed feelings about their relationship with Aechmea.

Users who are viewing this thread