Dex-chan lover
With a battery he could've put several spares alongside main parts.
inb4 it's nuclear powered with self-destruct as a trump card

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of story, I understand that its meant to be an action manga but to be good you can't just have a wave of enemies who introduce themselves and their powers and expect it to genuinely good, I'm not shitting on it as a whole, just the last few chapters.

i've been waiting literally for months and i'm still waiting for Saitama to appear.

Dex-chan lover
@kurosa Yeah, I like these chapters. Sure I love Saitama and Genos, but I love the other heroes as well because of how well they are done.

Fed-Kun's army
Murata is really starting to grind my gears. At this point I feel like I'm going to have to wait for ONE's webcomic to get my Saitama fix.

@HerculeSSJ Except that Murata isn't the one writing this new version, ONE is. That's why he hasn't been working on the webcomic. He's been writing the plot, dialogues, fight choreography and everything else of this Remastered One Punch Man manga.
Murata has only been doing the drawing, and he's been doing an amazing job at it.
All of the changes were decided by ONE himself.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sancturil Seriously!?! What the hell ONE!! I thought that man absconded to the mountains after leaving a word.docx of all his ideas after cashing his paycheck. I'm all kinds of annoyed at this development. While I love the art the story has been a weekly shounen amount of plot threads in a sometimes monthly manga, making it so slow it's tragic. I also found the webcomic way funnier.

Contributor
@HerculeSSJ Don't worry it will pay off, I like this version x100 better than the webcomic. If it's only Saitama finishing everything in one punch, will be boring. Cause he is bored and just want to have a good fight. It's creates a sense of dullness, if he say this every time. Seeing how other heros specially S and A ranks suffer or are overwhelmed by the monsters, really shows how Saitama is overpowered. This not only show that how it can be so boring and repetitive for him, while we see other heros coming up with 10000 ways to defeat and be defeated by a monster, it's always 1 punch for Saitama.
One's reason for showing us and exposing other heros and keeping Saitama at the side is to show, how a fight that would be considered one of the best fights in other manga, is only 1 punch for Saitama. Correct me if I am wrong, I can go on and on how this version outdid the original webcomic

Dex-chan lover
They shined well enough in the original and the quickness of the fights led to better jokes. In the end I think that it's devolving into ordinary action shit, but I suppose that opinion will mostly apply to people who have seen the original and know what to expect. Those who haven't still have the potential to enjoy the regular fights as they are now. It will also probably be better in the anime since the pacing will naturally be much faster.

As far as manga reading is concerned, I'd accept it a lot more if he bothered to put at least two different hero fights in each chapter as opposed to having one fight per hero split up into roughly 2 chapters each. As it is now it is simply too slow. I have a feeling I'd have this opinion even if I didn't read the original.

Regardless, I do enjoy looking at it even if I don't enjoy reading it.

Fed-Kun's army
@MangaA-Z I think @Lithe summed up my thoughts pretty well.

This version seems to have more in common with the series that the webcomic parodied. While it's still entertaining, the pacing is just far too slow. Bi-weekly updates are a good thing, but really, its arcs are really, really dragging. To a certain degree I feel like the webcomic spoils the punchlines, but even without comparing them it just has too much build up. If this were weekly it would be understandable for a tournament arc and rotating door enemies, but man, I feel it takes itself far too seriously recently. Maybe it's just me.

Hi! I know we haven't had any OPM to read for a long time.
But you must remember that this and the original webcomic are not the same.
This is a remastered version to enhance the art (and as of lately, to add some scenes and depth to some characters).
This is not a serialization that wants to hook you up and keep you interested and hyped.
Pacing, balancing and whatever narrative elements you might think of of fasciculated works ARE IRRELEVANT. Understand that this version only tries to maximize drawing quality. This is intended as a replacement of the original, so you would read it not necessarily a chapter per month but at whatever pace you'd like.

More over, you are being handed high quality manga FOR FREE and yet you are complaining. Not discussing plot, inconsistencies or any storywise elements, you are complaining over editorial planning. What's wrong with you?

Users who are viewing this thread