Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Given the design of the poncho, manga takes place at the height of Aztec empire.
Also Google doesn't help with "Nighthawks 16".

deathstranding.jpeg

Group Leader
I wouldn't say that's a hint as much as it is saying exactly when this takes place, but I'm not sure if that's going to be particularly important yet. I'm guessing there will be a present day time skip at some point?

Thanks as always for the translation! I assume that 2011 was chosen just to make things work out with the time skip so it ends up being around the present day, but it's kinda interesting that it's the same year as the Tōhoku earthquake.

Dex-chan lover
@Hexxy irl 21/09/2011 was Wednesday while in the manga I would assume it was Monday because the day before, Akira had a checkup and go shopping with mom.
If Akira had a checkup on Tuesday, Rumi probably would ask her why Akira was absent. So there is an inconsistent. However, since we know the manga current time, I expect Hatsuki will release some canon about Akira in the current time as Akira is at least 2nd year in uni right now.

Dex-chan lover
the great thing about being different in some way is when everyone assumes you want to be fixed as much as they want you to be fixed

Spoilers from later in the series
The other group (smiley guy) that scannlated this chapter some months ago has been posting scans on facebook (no idea why), and for at least the next 30 chapters Akira’s still in school (but time is moving forward).
So no big time skip by chapter 40 anyway

Okay, latest chapter had a note about a big hint regarding when this takes place. I have a strong suspicion its the TV, as it looks like a 4:3 flat screen, which isnt a very common thing, at least in Europe, and the only time they came up was during the transition period from cathode tube to flat screen and the transition from 4:3 to 16:9, putting it somewhere in the 2000s.

Thanks for the much better English translation. Please continue the good work of translating. These better translations are being used to upgrade the text of the Until I Become Me Wiki, done in the English language.

Users who are viewing this thread