Add columns to followed mangas: last chapter read / last chapter released (language filter) :maybe:

It would be great to have in the column of the followed chapters also the last chapter that has been read and also the last released chapter.

Example from another website:
https://imgur.com/a/JJXeNIy

The result is that the user can easily open the follow page and understand in a split of a second if something new can be read, or after days/weeks of not reading being able to see what to read without having to open any manga.
These columns should also support sorting by.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
If this were possible with the current setup it might've been done already, but it suffers from the same problem as the last update column being updated for any language. However, we have plans to make it dependant on the language setting along with some changes to the read marker system that should make things a lot easier on the server, so something like this might become a possibility, perhaps even for manga that the user doesn't follow. We'll take it into consideration, although it would have to be improved somehow because from this example I really couldn't tell in a split of a second what I could read.

In the meantime, the beta recommendations feature of the reader might be close enough to what you're asking, for now.

Fed-Kun's army
Hey, I just swapped to mangadex and loving everything about it, except the lack of this feature. I don't really understand why this isn't possible with the current setup? I don't mind if it's not yet language dependant, still way better than not having it. IMO just take the newest chapter that the user has the "eye" thing on and set last viewed to that chapter (I personally don't desire the date along with it, main point is the chapter number so I can immediately see how many chapters I'm missing till I'm caught up)

This could be added as an optional thing under settings or something if afraid of ruining someone's preferences (for example the Chapter column could optionally be replaced by Viewed / Current column, which would only show the chapter numbers because of lack of space atm, for example like this: Ch. 180 / Ch. 200, something like that. Or just widen the interface and put in two separate columns with full chapter names, I wouldn't mind either way)

So would be really awesome if this could be added... Thanks for all the hard work!

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@JustA_ posted:

I don't really understand why this isn't possible with the current setup? I don't mind if it's not yet language dependant, still way better than not having it. IMO just take the newest chapter that the user has the "eye" thing on and set last viewed to that chapter (I personally don't desire the date along with it, main point is the chapter number so I can immediately see how many chapters I'm missing till I'm caught up)
The short answer is that essentially the server couldn't handle it and we would soon have 30-second loading times for every page. Before something like this can be properly implemented, there need to be improvements to how manga and chapter data is retrieved and cached.

Basically, rewriting how the whole site works ain't easy

Fed-Kun's army
Dang is that so... Thanks for the reply and gl with those improvements!

Users who are viewing this thread