Joou no Hana

I want to say a final word about this great historical shoujo.
Please, please, everyone. Don’t be fooled with its low rating (especially on mangaupdates). You should follow the story till the very end. This is in another caliber, the exact opposite of Akatsuki no Yona which is telling the same tale about political intrigue.

I highly recommend if you want to see – not cliché, a series with good premise. But I won’t recommend if you aren’t ready to follow how extreme the development in this manga has. Yes, watch my words.

I love Hakusei. He did a great role as a good friend I’ve ever seen in history of manga. Bluntly speaking, I also find it problematic when he tried to rape Hime-sama. Yeah, what the hell, rape your master? But, you will love him when you see how mature he becomes in later chapters.

This is not for a faint-hearted reader. You must enjoy every moments in this manga because they are so precious. Not to mention how beautiful the art is. It’s bitter, I cried so hard at the end. THAT is : An unexpected ending, you will hate it. But, it was great, you know, spot on. Izumi-sensei knows how to play her cards very well.

Don’t judge one sided based on several volumes only. The conflict rises along the way, in every place, which is affect their psychology completely.
Hint : A heavy ride.
Also, I got trauma to read another heart-wrecking shoujo. I’m fed up, really.

Rating : around 8 to 9/10

does the tragedy tag involve one of the 2 main characters ?

it's marked completed here but there are 15 volumes total so where is the miscommunication?

Dex-chan lover
Wait so this is an award-winning manga apparently. I'm pretty sad it isn't getting traction through scanlations :((

the description remind me of recent manhwa 'the flower that bloom by cloud'
I wanna read this but it look like they stop updating.. i hope someone/grup would pick this up :(

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD MANGA!!!! Its been a while since ive last read a worth while manga. Thank you for translators for introducing this to us.

This is really really good.... why isn't it more popular? Oo Are these kind of political manga not liked in Japan or something?

It’s a really good premise and has decent characters, but as a character driven person myself there wasn’t really anyone I really liked and was rooting for. The characters are well thought out and written with clear goals and roles, but beyond that there was not enough personality in any character. Except maybe the Sou Prince.

Despite that I really appreciated being able to see Aki’s growth as a strategist, having both victories and failures, which I see isn’t often common with portrayals of main characters (often they’re able to be amazing at their tasks with minimum training).

Definitely give it a try if you’re more of a plot driven person. I made it to about ch14 until I realised I didn’t care enough 😭

Also, there’s a trigger warning in the spoilers but
Hakusei tries sexually assaults Aki in ch5.1
it definitely left a bad impression on me from then on.

I remember reading this years ago on rawlh or something. Its really good, one of my favorites!!! But I dont think these kinds of manga is popular here on mangadex.

Been so long reading this manga O.O
Thankyou for the hardwork scanlation team for picking up this series ❤

The tragedy tag up there not just for display only.

IT IS TRAGEDY

I warned you peeps~

Users who are viewing this thread