[Sugesstion] Strict searches and searching with description

I would like to suggest two things that I frequently do but not implemented yet:

1. Specific searches. When I look up more works by a certain author/artist, it is hard to locate them if their name is super generic. For example, if I simply search up someone named KEN, the result will give me a bunch of other authors/artist not just named KEN, but also with "ken" in their name. Searches as of now don't let you be specific.

2. Searching with description.
Many times I often forget a manga and only remember certain keywords of the manga summary. Take https://mangadex.org/title/12796/jc-no-life for example, I could remember the word "JC" and maybe that it happen in "middle school", so I search "JC middle school". 0 results were return. Of course this is simply an example since searching with "JC" itself returns only 2 results but I am talking more about when the title word I remember is a lot more generic. Obviously having the description be allowed into the search would bring massive amount of results if someone search for a generic term, so for this one while I do find it troublesome, I myself have no real suggestion for it.

Thank you for reading the feedback.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@kn1000a we plan to rework the search engine eventually, then these sorts of search queries will be possible. The current way search is handled doesn't allow for these kinds of queries unfortunately.

Planned, but might take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread