[Feature request] Hide/Block uploads of a group on a series :maybe:

I did not find something like this yet so I'm putting this here.

It would be nice to hide uploads of a group on a per-series basis. There are many series where several groups are uploading - which is not forbidden by the rules per se, for valid reasons. But most people will probably pick one release and stick to it, either because its the fastest, has better quality or any other reason. It would also help to deal with edge cases like the fan colorings on Gokushufudou, which has (to put it carefully) been hotly debated in the comments.

Blocking a group's uploads on a series should hide the chapters in the chapter overview in a similar fashion to comments of blocked users, to indicate the chapters are there while making them visually distinct form the rest. But otherwise it should hide them from:
[ul]The follows list[/ul]
[ul]The main page[/ul]
[ul]The recommendation page at the end of the last chapter[/ul]

This would help to keep these lists clean and avoid having to check each time if a chapter is actually a new release or a release from a different group.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@SuppeBargeld Somewhat planned. The related feature is listed as "Ability to filter releases by certain groups" in the megathread. I'll see what can be done about enabling it to be done on a per-series basis.

VIP
I had a similar idea to this, I figured I would elaborate on it here rather than start another thread.

My idea for this is to add a drop down at the top of the chapter list that lists all of the groups that have released a chapter in that series, that allows you to switch between them.

Regardless of how it ultimately ends up working, I also think that this could help with the recent drama regarding sniping, in that it would reduce a new groups ability to "pretend" to be a new release from the existing group. However, this would also depend somewhat on the logic for how the "default" group was selected.

Users who are viewing this thread