Isekai Ryouridou

Dex-chan lover
Well I read the prologue and holy shit his dad must regret every waking fucking moment of the last month or so because goddamn he lost everything, even his son.

I really like this and I really couldn't wait so I just read the novel. Skythewood has been translating it. It's up to volume 5 now!

Dex-chan lover
The python scene was so contrived just to get in some fanservice in. On another note: has this been dropped?

It seems like a somewhat basic, cliche manga, but I'll stick in there for a bit longer. I'm hoping they can do something interesting with the cooking aspect.

for some reason i just dont understand what i have just read (ch4). it might be the story, the translation, or just me. well it is good to be able to read another chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
I highly recommend the LN, it's an easy read, very entertaining and skythewood does really good job with translating it(even when he adds some memes for a flavor)

Aggregator gang
Yup, that was worth waiting for...not. That was actually so weak-sauce. I was thinking this was gonna be Shokugeki no Soma on steroids since you're feeding good cuisine to what amount to basically cavemen. But oh well. Whatever. Having fun doesn't matter anyway.

I think its important to go into this manga without certain expectations. This manga, contrary to its name, is not so much about cooking and food but rather how food and cooking translate into culture. Its still too early to say how much from the LN will make it into the manga but what i really enjoy about the LN is how well developed and thought out the culture of not just the forest dwellers but the nearby town as well, and how their cultures interact and clash with each other and finally (small spoiler) how Asuta is literally building a food culture from the ground up attempting to bridge the gap.

I'm so happy its not another manga where people go on and on about flavours and how tasty the crumb of bread is with the onion sauce or how delightfull the mouth feels when inserting suger coated cucumbers into it.
Thank you for not being another tastless cooking manga!

Fed-Kun's army
@Aretheus A lot of those impressions are so overdone they are practically myths. Especially when it comes to modern day foodand especially in places like say America where they aren't big on spices and such the difference between most foods is minimal compared to olden times.
Its only the involved dishes that would make a difference.

Aggregator gang
@nfzeta mhmm...yes yes. Good points, but I would like to counter it by saying that realism != fun. I say this every chance I get, so I'll say it again. The only realism that is necessary in fiction is realism based on the rules of the fictional world.

I don't care whether or not my clothes would fly off when I eat some beef Wellington, I care that the characters in that story deem the food good enough to warrant that reaction.

Here, when we've built up this climactic moment and smashed it into the dull swamp of reality, I'm just not going to be down with that.

Fed-Kun's army
@Aretheus That's understandable but it's also a fairly subjective view. I personally dropped Shougeki no Soma because I found it was too overdone.

Also in the case of this manga it's part of her character to have a muted response. Isekai in general has also overdone character reactions to hype up the MC, so reducing it here may be also because of that as many complain about just that, me included.

Users who are viewing this thread