Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff
Super Moderator
With this, we're welcoming another big wave of refugees...

We're getting unprecedented surge in user sign ups, if you are one of these people and haven't received your confirmation code via email, please give it a little time so the code system can catch up.
We're also probably looking at having some strain on the servers so please have a little patience until we can stabilize it (upgrades soon!)

To all new people, we invite you to read both our rules and our useful site tutorial manga "Bocchi Teach Me MangaDex!" to learn how to use all of the handy features of our site and reader!

F.A.Q.
1. Is MangaDex an official source of manga?
No, we're an unofficial manga aggregator. Our content is translated by fans, such as yourselves, and uploaded to the site. We generally don't host any official translations, just fan scanlations. The vast majority of scanlators upload here and the vast majority of chapters you've been reading on KissManga and other aggregators were taken from MangaDex.

2. Does MangaDex make a profit?
No. MangaDex is an ad-free site that sustains itself entirely on user donations. All money goes entirely towards server costs, nothing else. You can find additional information on our server costs on our support page. At the moment, we take donations exclusively in the form of Bitcoin. You can also support by hosting or donating a server to our MangaDex@​Home project!

3. Does MangaDex have more content than other aggregators?
Mangadex is made by scanlators for scanlators and gives active groups complete control over their releases. This means while scan groups are free to upload their content to their site but they are also free to remove it. For this reason, you may not find certain series if the group has chosen to not upload to the site. Other aggregators have no qualms about the source of their content and there is no way to remove your content from other aggregators. Also, we don't allow scans of official releases, except when we receive explicit permission from the author or ones that fall under rule 2.1.1. regarding expired licenses.

4. Does MangaDex have an app?
No, but all of the site features, including reader, work perfectly in your mobile browser. But if you are looking for a dedicated reader app consider looking into Tachiyomi or Neko for Android and Paperback for iOS. Note that MD does not officially endorse any app, but we've worked with these developers in the past.

5. I'm from South East Asia and MangaDex is very slow.
Unfortunately the routing of our DDoS protection service isn't great in SEA, and as a result, you might experience slow loading, and this is on top of all the extra traffic from people in quarantine. You can mitigate this issue by turning on MangaDex@​Home toggle or using a VPN with a EU node, such as ProtonVPN, which is free.

And if you ever wanna chat with us or ask us any questions, every single one of our most staff members are available to help. Available on Discord, Twitter or our forums.

Contributor
Didn't Manga Rock die a short while ago? Man they dropping like flies.

Rest in peace, Kissmanga. And welcome, everyone new, to Mangadex! I hope you all have a great time here!

F for kissmanga and kissanime they may have been bad websites riddled with ads but they were some of the first websites I used until I moved on to better ones. They will be remembered. (so many ads ._.)

We're gonna lose a lot of scanlated stuff here from groups that just aren't up now. Will be pretty sad to see them go down like this.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I used to use Kissmanga before coming over to Mangadex. The ads sucked but it's weird to see it die now.
Also explains why MD has been giving errors recently.

VIP
@Chris000 has nothing to do with copyright law. google just discovered KM and KA hosting their file on google server, so they nuke them.

Group Leader
An interesting turn of events, at the very least. Reading some of these theories on why it shut down is entertaining, though.

Welcome all, and enjoy your stay!

Group Leader
@GolD_LiP
Yes. "Yah-ooo"
HDpce33jcID0qNAWwNv_eumTrAJArXmks0Ylofs0QpwPlkaDgwD0Vv0-h5aCsmtGmX_0tpisBLQyhlGTWtmWOw

@hazzack cant import them bookmarks when the kiss site itself is down 😂

funny story, i was trying to convince some kiss users to migrate with the site asking for a captcha literally every page of manga. Some of them did and moved (even used the bookmark importer). Turns out I saved them a bunch of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread