• I don't think we need one.

Votes: 55 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
UPDATE AUGUST 19TH, 2020
VILLAINESS IS NOW OFFICIALLY A TAG, THANK YOU ALL!!

https://mangadex.org/genre/85

I am campaigning for mangadex to add a Villainess tag! There are so many Villainess stories, and people just go absolutely bonkers over the Villainess trope in manga/hwa/hua. it's a very popular trope, I'd say more popular than already existing tag "Gyaru" (though that's just my opinion), and deserves a spot on the Themes list!

Please MangaDex, add a Villainess tag so that we Villainess lovers can find all the Villainess stories with ease!

Double-page supporter
https://mangadex.org/thread/63658
https://mangadex.org/thread/165437
https://mangadex.org/thread/213379

Group Leader
There is a purpose to this topic...you'll find out in 1.5 hours ;D

Dex-chan lover
There is a purpose to this topic...you'll find out in 1.5 hours ;D
200.gif

It's because of the end of the Week 3 of The Vilainness Anthology ? If it's, I'm sad it's end, and I support you on your campaign !
You have proposed a list at the end of each chapter, but many manga / hwa / hua, having this theme continue to appear! I think such a tag could help us! And so much the better if it has already been requested! It shows that people want this tag too!

A tag or two to help find these kinds of villainess otome isekai and the like would honestly be so helpful. Right now my main method of finding new ones is following a subreddit dedicated to them where people post every time they find a new property or one of the known ones gets updated. Tags would make that whole process so much easier for everyone.

@CowardlyBanchou what subreddit do you follow? I've just been searching through the isekai tag to find them, a reddit would be so much better, and a villainess tag more so.

Personally I think an even more broad form of the tag should exist (which even could have further justification for its existence). If there was a general word for these shoujo/Isekai/webtoon/drama stories I think that would better encapsulate the real sort of tag that is needed?

You can search by shoujo+Isekai but not all of these stories are actually Isekai and there are a lotttt of stories I would still catagorize as "written for men/general audiences" under the shoujo tag. They're all technically shoujo as well, but I think when people look for a shoujo story they're looking for something fluffy/romantic. Say, something you'd expect out of a shoujo magazine, like you'd expect something action oriented with crude humor from like shonen jump under the shonen tag.

The villainess genre is something I would say has spurned out of a larger new-age shoujo, which I think is of a different genre then standard Japanese flower-coated shoujo manga that a lot of us has grown up with. A villainess tag would be nice but I think a lot of these webtoons and manga could be better united under a tag between shoujo and josei? Unpopular opinion though, probably.

Fed-Kun's army
+1 adding this tag, so that I can blacklist them and survive until the end of the campaign.

Group Leader
@Tophatta add to that, a lot of the ones that fit the category that villainess lovers usually like, also extends to Josei and Seinen demographics, so Shoujo is not a good fit for finding the kinds of stories you want (or at least, not all of them).

Double-page supporter
So you called your discord friends / readers to brigade this thread. Very cool. I'm sure this is going to change admin's stance on that matter.
GAhLRJ8.gif

I was never opposed additional tags, but I'm going to argue against this one out of spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread