Tsuyokute New Saga - Vol. 7 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
That is some seriously long-term manipulation. The melra faction knows the dragons, dark elven, demon, AND human political situation?

Dex-chan lover
the theory that the current demon lord is his future self still stand right ? ?

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap....actual plot development. ..actual character interactions . A storyline that is actually progreasing. How long has it been since this happened? ??

Double-page supporter
@Lynkaster
At this point, it's kinda lackluster though. Let's hope author has more exciting trick up his sleeve.

Aggregator gang
@Lynkaster ...
all this "coincidence" ... yep, it makes more sense the Demon Lord is setting all of MC situation and fate ...

Double-page supporter
Dumb f*cking Unicorn keeping a hot Dark Erofu like that a virgin.

Dex-chan lover
@thanghe tbh its pretty typical of a lot of early fantasy stuff (im not saying its accurate irl just saying this hardly the first series to do it) a lot of early games especially had things like chainmail bikinis xD

Aggregator gang
I knew he wouldn't get punished for that stupid fucking plan. I'd have laughed so damn hard if his hand was gone.

Double-page supporter
Hrm my theory was that the demon lord was also someone that traveled back in time and also has knowledge of the future

I don't get why he didn't publicly announce that the Melra worshippers were manipulating the dragon to attack the city? If all the citizens are singing his praises then surely they'd listen to him? And there's no way the people didn't notice he only knocked out the dragon that was then carried away from the middle of the city by another dragon? Surely if they aren't told it was being mind-controlled then they'd actually be angry at him for not killing the dragon that caused so much damage and death? It's been stated that generally Melra worshippers are hated by everyone else, and there's a precedent of entire nations outlawing their beliefs, so it'd be yet another crime and reason to persecute them. Wouldn't that be expected to make it harder for them to act in the future if governments know they can mind-control dragons and are willing to massacre human cities? So why hide it? Also, making it known that he's antagonistic to Melra worshippers would surely be a good thing?

Oversights like that really annoy me. Especially when there's no reason given for it. No attempt, however bad, to justify keeping the truth a secret. Usually, like in this case, it's a truth that connects with something the common people already support, or is something they would obviously support. So why?

Dex-chan lover
@Ultrabenosaurus It actually is explained why Kail doesn't go public with the Melra worshipers' plots and repeatedly at that, albeit indirectly; though I'll admit it took me to my current re-read to notice it. Put simply, Kail is positively desperate for humanity to be able to put up a strong, united front against the demons, instead of being steamrolled like they were in his previous timeline. And, looking at the flashbacks we get of the war and how grim things were, it's understandable. Remember, he murdered King Remanos simply because the king's actions during the war caused insane loss of life amongst the races fighting the demons, so there's very little he won't do in order to achieve that goal (while also ensuring those closest to him are safe). Publicly claiming that the Melra worshipers were behind the dragon attack is the kind of thing that has the potential to bring all his efforts to naught.

Consider this: how do you identify a Melra worshiper? Their medallions. Okay, so what happens when they simply stop carrying them? You end up with the incredibly ugly scenario of systemic religious persecution the likes of which some of history's most brutal wars have been fought over. Before this, they've just been minor nuisances, but if it becomes public that they were behind a dragon attack that likely killed hundreds (if not more), the populace will demand that they be rooted out like rats in a storehouse; many would also take it into their own hands, hunting down and lynching any "Melra worshipers" they came across and many others would seize the opportunity to rid themselves of anyone they didn't like. And that's the kind of thing that, once it gets started, doesn't die down quickly, so it's the last thing Kail would want.

Users who are viewing this thread