Option to hide manga score :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that i unconsciously ignore mangas with rating lower than 8 and if i decide to read one my enjoyment is often biased becouse of the rating. So option to hide them would be nice

Relevant image from a previous suggestion thread:

D6x1VfZ.jpg

Double-page supporter
@kluczyk2011 You can do it yourself using uBlock Origin and this custom filter (dashboard > my filters):
Code:
mangadex.org##span[title*="rating"]:xpath(..)

if i decide to read one my enjoyment is often biased becouse of the rating
Not your fault most users rely on it unfortunately

So far when it comes to users suggesting MD to change the manga rating system in some way it's been like:

k2D3Df8.jpg

Double-page supporter
Here's my suggestion on people relying on ratings and how mangadex can fix their "Broken" rating system. Remove them all. They aren't helping clearly.

@Granitefish
Might as well, still.... myself and several others before and after me gave in very good ideas to MD for improvement, but got shit on by the forum dwellers. :D

Dex-chan lover
Sheeple relying on ratings, real people judge manga by the amount of chaos in the comments

Double-page supporter
but got shit on by the forum dwellers. :D

A real life image of a random forum dweller shitting on very good ideas:
NYjHm1Q.png

Imagine believing that blueusername opinions matter.

Double-page supporter
I don't think introducing more inherit bias to the rating system is a good suggestion

Dex-chan lover
We plan on introducing reviews at some point
This is what I and many others (there are dozens of us!) have advocated for, and I think it would be the safest and most logical step in the right direction. It's good that the staff has it planned.
Imagine believing that blueusername opinions matter.
Those god damn blueies are ruining our site!

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester
Yes, Your Majesty.

As you may be aware, in this section users can submit and discuss suggestions. But ultimately it's up to admins to decide what's going to get implemented and what's not. The "half-witted people", as you kindly call the regulars of this forum, hold absolutely no deciding power and it's not their fault your amazing ideas got rejected.

Besides, the OP wasn't suggesting anything radical. They only want a small cosmetic feature that would affect only their own user-experience, nothing too extreme like "remove ratings of things" or "add ratings of people ☭". I doubt anyone here would seriously oppose that. But even if it gets approved, it won't get implemented until next iteration of the site, thus my first comment of how OP can solve this problem on their end.

Dex-chan lover
myself and several others before and after me gave in very good ideas to MD for improvement
tenor.gif

It's not a very good idea if it causes multiple users to band together and shit on it.

@Halo
The "half-witted people", as you kindly call the regulars of this forum
I said no such thing :) That was directed towards the people hate voting, people who as mentioned earlier even MD tries to combat with a bayesian average.

LHcMTAi.jpg

But you took it personally which makes it kind of funny :D

@Halo
"judged by the other suggestions and comments I've seen"
I see, your emphasis is on "comments" so you deduced it that way. Should have chosen a more eloquent way to emphasise what I meant..
Well to clear it up, just like comeonnow read it correctly and hopefully others as well, it was meant towards the affore mentioned hate voters and quite a few threads from other OP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread