Best anime

Double-page supporter
(Premise, I only watch anime once in a while, and usually it's pretty mainstream stuff.)
Storywise, I really enjoyed FMA Brotherhood, but overall I think Mononoke might take the cake for me. Interesting, unpredictable plot, and the animation is really unique and so well-made! Really worth a watch imo, it's pretty short anyways.

Dex-chan lover
I usually watch movies and rarely seen anime adapted from a manga, my personal favourite are: Wolf Children, Spirited Away, Kara no Kyoukai, Cowboy Bebop, Kaguya Hime Monogatari, Sayonara ni Aka no Uso, and Gundam series.

Monster, this anime its on a league over the rest.
During a lot of time my favorite anime was Cowboy Bebop, but Monster took that spot when I finish it.
Samurai Champloo of the same author its great too, but I prefer Cowboy Bebop.
Neon Genesis Evangelion its also very good, the original series its a must watch. But In my opinion they killed the franchise with all the movies.
Serial Experiments Lain its pretty unique and I love it, but its not for everyone.
Laputa Castle in the Sky is my favorite anime film, but I like Spirited Away and A Silent Voice a lot too.

Dex-chan lover
Don't really have a best but Code Geass ending did surprise me but then the movie came along so now the emotional impact of the ending means shite.

Group Leader
I was like "They should make a sequel where it starts with Nunnally swearing revenge against Zero (Suzaku), gaining a Geass power and then starting another rebellion." back then, but then they gave us the movies.

Dex-chan lover
The Law of Ueki
Flame of Recca
Maybe because of childhood nostalgia

For movies, I guess it's a toss between the old classical Miyazaki (Nausicaa, Totoro) and Your Name.

For series, A place further than the universe.

Fed-Kun's army
Favorite movies are Your Name and Garden of Words.

Overall favorite anime of mine is Gurren Lagann... it helped give me self-confidence when I was a kid 😊

Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Kill la Kill.
Mawaru Penguindrum.
Monogatari Series.
Shingeki no Kyojin.
Shokugeki no Souma

Prolly FLCL, Gungrave, and Black Lagoon
I also thought Afro Samurai was good from a more satirical perspective

Dex-chan lover
[ul].hack//SIGN[/ul][ul]Aria[/ul][ul]Carried by the Wind Tsukikage Ran[/ul][ul]Moribito Guardian of the Spirit[/ul][ul]Otogi Zoshi[/ul][ul]Princess Mononoke[/ul][ul]Rail of the Star[/ul][ul]Robot Carnival[/ul][ul]School Rumble[/ul][ul]Tama and Friends[/ul][ul]Taro the Dragon Boy[/ul][ul]Tweeny Witches[/ul][ul]Wolf's Rain[/ul]

For me that was the 3th PMMM movie.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie ~ Rebellion

Originally I was lead to the PMMM series by following projects that had the composer Yuki Kajiura involved.
And that deconstruction of the Magical Girl genre was interesting.

But that 3th movie was for me one of the most sublime brainfucks ever animated.

Users who are viewing this thread