Group Leader
When Subaru was first introduced way back in chapter 48, I was hoping that she would become a rival for Chiyo so that Chiyo might realize that Igarashi was not the useless, dimwitted buffoon that she treats him as and that, unlike her, other girls might actually find him attractive. Alas, Subaru had a boyfriend, and we didn't see her again until a very brief, half-panel appearance in chapter 69. However, she did show up again in chapter 89 as one of the two girls that Igarashi's senpai from work invited to go to karaoke (odd that she would agree if she had a boyfriend). And now, she shows up again. Maybe, just maybe, my wish will come true. Of course, there's still about 0.00% chance that Igarashi would be swayed by her feminine wiles, seeing how Chiyo is his goddess.

Oh no, they added a female rival who is clearly cuter and I bet will be also nicer and appreciate him better than the annoying fmc but who has 0 chances of winning....such a pity, but I would totally love it if he did get stolen.
I’m not excited about her making chiyo jealous though, Knowing chiyo, instead of trying to work harder or appreciate him more, she will just cry and maybe go with another dude as revenge and he will have to say sorry in the end anyways.

Group Leader
@rik1998:
Knowing chiyo, instead of trying to work harder or appreciate him more, she will just cry and maybe go with another dude as revenge and he will have to say sorry in the end anyways.

You took the words right outta my mouth! The only two times that I can recall that Chiyo actually had positive, complimentary thoughts about Igarashi were in chapter 18 when she thought he looked like a "half-naked statue of Mars," and chapter 97 when she thought he was cool while playing basketball. Otherwise, she thinks he's a dimwit and probably wouldn't think he's worth fighting over (literally or figuratively).

@FredFriendly Yeah, that’s why I feel it’s a pity, this rival will surely be a much better option as a gf and would make him much happier, would appreciate him as a boyfriend instead of looking down on him and complain how she wishes she had a more handsome and richer boyfriend, but unfortunately she will lose in the end, this is just plain evil from author.
I’m here praying for the 0.0001% chance that he gets stolen, chiyo can go and find that richer boyfriend(i don’t even get why she looks down on mc since he seems like a pretty nice boyfriend, but well chiyo is chiyo), or that chiyo finally starts appreciating him and becomes a better girlfriend, but I prefer the reverse ntr more in this case, had enough of chiyo.

Group Leader
@rik1998: Well said. Just a couple of minor corrections:
...instead of looking down on him and complain how she wishes she had a more handsome and richer boyfriend.

Why does she look down on Igarashi so much? Probably because he's not a handsome, rich prince (who knows how to manipulate women) with impeccable manners and a suave, debonair personality (ring any bells?). She knows him as a goofball who would just as soon take her down to the river bed to look for frogs than take her out to an exquisite dinner. He's rough and inexperience, makes lots of blunders, and simply doesn't know the first thing about how to treat a woman like she was a princess. She may love him, but does she even like him???

Hope, she like him, but still didnt realized it. If she see that igarashi can be stolen, she realized, that he need her. Rival can help it. Otherwise, author can show us that children's love, not always mean love in the future and they go other ways.

Users who are viewing this thread