Do you ever read things with voices in your head?

Do you ever read things with voices in your head?

• Yes

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • You crazy or something?

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
What i mean is that when you read anything, be it a comment or dialogue between characters, do you give them a certain voice? I often do and never really thought about it.
For example, every time i read a certain haiku speaking user's comments, i read it with a soft, slow speaking voice, or when i read that annoying little girl that is always in every manga and calls MC baka, i give it a high pitched voice. Everything else i read it with my normal voice unless it's a girl, then i take examples of what i've heard and mix them.

Edit: Lmao, how do polls work? I don't like not leaving spaces between lines.

Dex-chan lover
I do, and I have a habit of slightly moving my jaw when I read things as well, like a lesser version of when people mouth the words they're reading.

Dex-chan lover
I guess I do but I don't pay too much attention to the voice. Seeing this thread made me focus on it though lol
Also sometimes when I read a manga after watching its anime I "hear" the characters' own voices when reading their lines.

Dex-chan lover
Hell, I even pick out which seiyuu voices who. For manga that already have an anime adaptation I'll have the voices match in my head.

Fed-Kun's army
well duh?
I also retranslate it into japanese when I read scanlated manga for whatever reason.

Contributor
Not specific people's voices, but generic roles, like "average MC", "tsundere childhood friend", "laidback bro (who's really getting tired of playing constant wingman for these two)" or "haughty rich bitch (who just wants real friends deep down)".

Dex-chan lover
When I'm in the forums and comments, I read them in celebrity voices. John Wayne right now.

Group Leader
@justforthelulz
a6b092923983e0038ad8cd2cdfd0b06c.jpg

Group Leader
@justforthelulz
"average MC", "tsundere childhood friend", "laidback bro (who's really getting tired of playing constant wingman for these two)" or "haughty rich bitch (who just wants real friends deep down)".

This is straight up fact and its hurting my feelings.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
We are all MCs, side characters and mobs at the same time, except we get the worst traits.

Users who are viewing this thread