Golden Kamuy - Vol. 25 Ch. 246 - The Icon of the Ainu

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter and the usual info page at the end, I find it very interesting and adds a whole level of depth to the chapter I'd miss otherwise!

Double-page supporter
Hmm so two possibilities

1 - the fake skins are throwing her off and her first guess is correct
2- there is something deeper here that even the fake skins didnt manage to muddle

Dex-chan lover
What’s with Ogata’s upper lip on page 7?

@lastKANAshimi
Well, Hijikata knows about the fake skins, so I’m assuming that’s gonna tie into this somehow. Tricking Asirpa, maybe.

Dex-chan lover
God I just love watching Professor Penis fight.
I’m betting these are the fake skins here to mess with her and drive a wedge between the group
The fake skins have been the provable “smoking gun” since we met the taxidermist(3rd best char)

Eye already on the prize, huh?

So much happening in this chapter. As for the skins, like other people, it's probably the fake what Hijikata is showing to Asirpa. But remember that Asirpa can't read? I know she will ask Sugimoto like in the panel with Boutarou showing his tattoo. But she's the only one who allowed to see Hijikata's group tattooed skins... So yeah I kinda confused because it means she can't ask Sugimoto for each kanji in the skins and this suspend is just here to trick us.

Thank you so much for the chapter!!
Russian sniper guy looked like a chicken with the long neck and big eyes lol
Also, Ogata starting to get caught by his past, huh, at this point I'm sure his plan is to fuck everyone else's plan and call it a day.

Double-page supporter
Is this the first time the Ezo Republic has been explicitly mentioned?

Fed-Kun's army
I guess Asirpa can ask Hijikata for help in case she needs aid in reading, but I wonder what she saw that didn't make sense or if it's the fake skins like someone pointed out.

Idk how this dude's manages but every chapter is great lmao the mix of comedy with action and messed up shit is pure gold.

Dex-chan lover
It's a shame we can't relate much to the sudden revelation since we don't know how it all makes sense.

Double-page supporter
I didn't realize this, but I read a comment on reddit that explains what happened with Ogata; what he's seeing behind him is the ghost of his half-brother, Yuusaku. Asirpa reminds Ogata of him because they're both pure, having never killed anyone.

I've started to think that Ogata is allied with the Central government, ever since the reveal that Kikuda is. This kind of throws a wrench in that theory, since Central's plan is to let Tsurumi find the gold, and then eliminate him, but knowing Ogata, he'd definitely betray his bosses' plans just to spite everybody else, so it's not out of the question that he's working with Central. That, or he really is just doing whatever he wants and messing with everyone.

Also, I've just thought of this now, but doesn't the Republic of Ezo plan also side with Kiroranke's goal? It seems like Hijikata could've told Kiroranke that his plan would provide a country for the Russian partisans and they would be on the same side. I guess Kiroranke wanted to carve out a home for his people in Russia instead, but I don't see why he would care where the land was.

rofl at Ushiyama combing his hair back after taking a knee to the face

Users who are viewing this thread