Short Manga Tag

• Would be Useful

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Not that Useful

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
A tag for manga that have really short chapters (max 10 pages or so) would be a pretty useful tag imo.

Contributor
i'd rather see a promo tag. I've read a couple where they were promo's. Wouldn't have bother if I knew they were promo's some were 1 chapter, 1 was 3 chapters and another was longer.

Dex-chan lover
@bonobong
human-hand-spraying-water-with-spray-stock-photo_csp52662449.jpg

BAD BOT

As much as I would like to say yes to this, it would only harm a lot of mangas. Take me for example, I see a manga I want to read and it turns out to be a weekly release 10 page manga. But I still got hooked on it because it has a lot of redeeming quality. Now if I were to filter it out with the said short manga filter than basicaly an oodles amount of readers would never get to experiance these kinds of mangas.

Dex-chan lover
I all depends on how you specify "short manga". What would be the qualifications?👾

It's a difficult thing to decide on really. You can get some with only 7 chapters, but each is 80 odd pages long, giving it a total length that's more than some with 50+ chapters. Then you've got additional complications like filler pages (a lot have a few pages of character designs etc) credit pages and such. All of that pretty much rules out any automated process, and then you're down to whether one person considers it short. This is of course without then debating where the line is drawn, is a 9 page per chapter considered short? Does that mean 10 is long? There's just too many variables really, and not enough reason to do it for it to be worth it, in my view.

Users who are viewing this thread