Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - One-Hundredth

Dex-chan lover
wow. just pick up hours ago n a new update! the elf really is a curious creature. i guess i like her as much is i loved marcielle from delicious dungeon. both are kinda aloof (maybe because of long lifespan, their attention span really is poor especially frieren)

Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
It's sweet that Frieren's taken the plunge into accepting an apprentice.

But god damn. Ten years? They should probably come up with some sort of transportation to shorten the distance. Poor Fern's gonna have to take care of Frieren for another tenth of her life.

Frier is so adorable! The way she spends her rime with the people she cares for.

Group Leader
fuck i rly don't want either eisen or fern to die
i can already feel the tears coming

this series is beautiful
personally, the tears coming are not for dramatic dead or scene, but the sentiment just hit the right spot

Dex-chan lover
isn't it better the way she is? she isn't aware of the curse she is carrying, but if she keeps going, she will learn the pain of parting away from loved ones...

• Confused
Reactions: GK
Double-page supporter
I just can't get over how beautiful this manga is. The whole idea is very fresh (at least for me since I haven't ever found anything like this) and while it already has a fair share of sad moments I'm very curious to see how Frieren will react to Fern dying (probably of old age, but who knows. It's rather interesting to see her starting to care more about short-lived races while still being aware of her own lifespan compared to theirs.

Dex-chan lover
@yukinomi and who knows, maybe one day she’ll realize that her really long lifespan is still gone for a good part, and she’ll understand once more what Himmel and the others have felt, both for themselves and in the joy of seeing someone at least once again before passing away.

Dex-chan lover
"it's only one hundredth of my lifespan"

Or a year in human years. A year isn't a short time!

Users who are viewing this thread