State of the MangaDex #3: New Staff, Vision for the Future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
It's been quite some time since I've written a general community update for your reading pleasure. During that time, we've seen a bunch of changes come to MD. The most important of these changes is that this series of posts will now be known as State of the MangaDex! Joking aside, I think it's better to give everyone a general update as to what's going on with MD, not just the forums.

It's been roughly a month and half since we've rolled out MDv3. We're very happy for the most part with it, but we realize that like any big project, the work is never done! We've been carefully collecting, assessing, and organizing all feedback we've been receiving from you guys. It's been collated into specific bug fixes and features that are being organized onto our roadmap to V4. Your voices have been heard and we're taking them into serious consideration while working on the next rollout.

Speaking of V4, I'd like everyone to give a warm welcome to @rdn and @Teasday, our newest members of the team! They are developers who have graciously volunteered their time to polish the reader, V3, and to help make V4 the best roll out yet!

Three more things I'd like everyone to be aware of:

@Holo has worked tirelessly on MangaDex since the beginning of this year. However, he will not be able to dedicate as much of his time and energy to MD due to his having obtained a full time job which he'll be beginning on September 24th. He'll still be around to help code and grow MD, but unfortunately not as often as he has been. That is partially the reason why we brought rdn and Teasday on as staff.

Lastly, I know contests have been down for around a month and a half at this point. A combination of real life and work on V3 stalled my momentum with them. Rest assured that there will be a sufficiently spooky contest planned for October in the spirit of All Hallow's Eve!

I will be taking a vacation from October the 12th through the 21st. I'll be checking in occasionally and you can certainly still PM me rule violation reports, but don't feel ignored if you don't hear from me during that period.

Until the next State of the MangaDex, happy reading!

Ninja edit: Thanks to everyone who have financially supported us so far! If you haven't already, but are interested in doing so, please visit this page.

First of all, grats to Holo on the new job.

Contest aside, I hope you guys take your time in polishing the site, obvious is the priority.

As I said above, take your time, this here is, or at least should be, a relaxing project for you, we will patiently wait for new things and fix to come, so far things don't seem that bad, aside from some people abusing the upload to promote some stupid stuff (happened 2x in 2 different mangas, if I'm mistaken sorry in advance).

Also, take a good time in your vacations Zephyrus.

And thanks to take your time on update us in the state of the MD.

Good work and luck to all of you on staff.

PS.: Sorry if I shouldn't post here.

is a Reindeer
VIP
Before anyone makes a suggestion in this thread, please take a glance at the suggestions megathread to make sure it hasn't already been suggested. I read through every single post on the forums. Duplicate forum threads aren't going to implement it faster :x

Anyways, here's hoping we have a smooth upgrade to v4. Q U A L I T Y O F L I F E ++
416798490635534339.gif

Staff
Super Moderator
@Nirimetus
Thanks bunches!

I wouldn't keep a thread unlocked if I didn't want users to post in it. =)

If an uploader or group is breaking any of our rules, please be sure and report it. If it's not a violation, no big. Nothing comes of an incorrect report.

Ada

Thank you for all of you hard work!

Personally I hav not really seen a lot of bugs if any at all, I am really happy with how things are working.

Tank you @Holo for your work, I hope your´ll enjoy your job and good luck!

Welcome @rdn and @Teasday!

And @Zephyrus thank you for what you do for us, please take some time off and take care of yourself. I find it stressful enough to be sending in job applications and getting rejected for the xx time already- having to organize, work on and manage a site is something I do not think I ever be able to.

@rdn , @Teasday welcome^^
Thanks a lot for your efforts
@Zephyrus
I'd like to thank you VERY MUCH
Don't be stressed take some time for yourself ^^
if i have a suggetion where could i write it ??
@Holo congratulation ^^ and good luck
Thanks again
Thanks to your efforts MD will be NO.1

Staff
Super Moderator
@Rehab
Take a look here: https://mangadex.org/forum/10

Post your suggestion in the appropriate place. =)

Congrats to Holo and great work on the site guys.

The way MD is right now seems pretty great to me. No need for hurry with new updates, just take the time you need. There will always be something you can improve, after all "software being done" is like the "lawn being mowed" =)

Group Leader
Congrats (again) to Holo for his full-time work !
Welcome (again) to rdn and Teas' in the team (officially now) too.

@Zephyrus doesn't deserve any congratulations because while everyone is busy with work, he announces his vacations, lazyboi !

Thanks to the staff as a whole for their dedication and to all users aiming at the improvement of MangaDex.
Keep it going strong, MD is a community dream that keeps staying in the reality realm !

Group Leader
Congrats to all!
In so short time, MD became service much better than older ones. I appreciate that.
This shape is really nice. So You can take it slow, stability is also good.

Congrats to all, and thank you all for MD. I really appreciate the hard work everyone has put into this site!

Congratulations! Please keep up the good work, you're doing great!

Contributor
Congrats on the job! And have fun on that vacation!

Legit question though, is this the kind of thing you can add as a project on your resume or Github or something? On one hand, something as big as this seems like it'd be a huge boost, and you'd be able to talk about something you're passionate about. On the other hand, that would mean your employers find out your taste in manga, among other things, and that's information I wouldn't even share with my closest friends

Dex-chan lover
By now, I believe it's safe to say that MD has become the best aggregator there is. Many thanks to the staff, you guys are awesome.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@Ceiye I suppose you could, the technical work and the experience you gather is pretty much the same, regardless of what kind of site it is.

Every now and again it hits me how lucky we are to have such an amazing manga resource available to us, & the hard work the MD team has put in to make that happen is equally amazing.

Huge thanks to everyone for making it all possible!

Contributor
Thanks to everyone on the site for all of this work, being able to develop the best site to read mangas and talk about them.

Huge thanks and congratulation for Holo with his new job! Hopefully he could finally feed those poor kittens along the way..

Also good luck with your vacation Zeph! Be safe on the road!

Hopefully with rdn and Teasday as main developer we could see more improvement implemented quickly. Keep up your hard work, guys!

PS: Let's keep shilling on KM, please?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Thanks, guys.

@Ceiye posted:

Legit question though, is this the kind of thing you can add as a project on your resume or Github or something? On one hand, something as big as this seems like it'd be a huge boost, and you'd be able to talk about something you're passionate about. On the other hand, that would mean your employers find out your taste in manga, among other things, and that's information I wouldn't even share with my closest friends
Even if potential employers for some bizarre reason cared enough to stalk me about it, I can just keep my MDList private you know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread