Suggestions : Delete Comment. :rejected:

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Comment deletion was in before but it was removed because of all the negative side effects it causes. If you want to get rid of a comment of yours, edit it out.

Dex-chan lover
How does deleting comments give a negative effect cause I've never heard of such a case. I'm curious too.

When I try to delete my comment... the form requests I need to fill the form with something... so it remains there as wasted space... I could at least request for something that prevents my dumb self of post duped comments?

About negative comments I guess it may have something to do with trolls and cowards... something I saw as a counter to such behavior was to block the deletion only after the problem comments receives it's first feedback...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

Perhaps ability to merge/delete adjacent comments when you double-post.
For those who want to get as close to deleting as possible, just edit your comment to
Code:
[s[s][/s]][[s][/s]/s]

This will show up as a completely empty post. All you have is formatting, but no actual content to format. The current post filter disallows empty comments, and auto-trims whitespace (turning whitespace/newline only post into empty ones), but formatting does not count as empty.

For an explanation on why deletion was removed, see this post https://mangadex.org/thread/64556/1/#post_502481

Dex-chan lover
Some real nastiness is possible when a comment can be removed without any trace discernible to the ordinary viewer. That nastiness wouldn't even necessarily be deliberate. It comes from erasing the context within which subsequent comments were made, typically by others but perhaps even by the person who deleted one of his or her own comments.

I understand why someone with perfectly innocent motives would want to delete a comment, and how in some particular context the erasure would not produce misleading results. But there is no practical way to code so that comments can be deleted in most such cases and only in such cases.

(I would, however, suggest that, when two unedited comments each perfectly duplicate the other, the system automatically purge the second.)

Custom title
Staff
Developer
https://mangadex.org/thread/64556/1/#post_502481

edit: Oh I see firefish already posted that

Users who are viewing this thread