Fights Breaking Through The Heavens - Ch. 297 - Star Plucking Zun Zhe

Dex-chan lover
You'd think the Soul Clan had no shortage of enemies who were just looking for an opportunity to strike against them when others are doing it as well, for maximum damage. Just like that one dude who joined Xiao Yan's gang just before they attacked. That's the problem of being an evil sect; lots of enemies but the only allies are unscrupulous opportunists. Or at least that's how it should be. For some reason in lots of fiction the bad guys form one harmonious faction, despite being rotten bad guys who would even sell their own mother.

Double-page supporter
"How Many Times Do We Have To Teach You This Lesson, Old Man?"
Really wondering how xiao Yan gonna win this time, backup team gonna show up? protagonist power out of ass?
Whatever it may be, im looking foward for it :3

Thansk for the chapter !

Fed-Kun's army
though... wasn't he called a trash because he was having his energy stolen by his mom's ring where Yao Chen's soul was residing?

@zdarkbrz_816 Not wrong... He became trash exactly because Yao Chen was syphoning his energy... Then again, it brings into question how strong the original Xiao Yan would have become without him.
It is likely that had he not meet Yao Chen, he would have lived a somewhat good life, but there are many things he would have lost if compared to his current self

Honestly need to re-read. I've forgotten the early bits of this story.

Dex-chan lover
@halloween20 maybe? story hasn't progressed to the point where we know exactly what's going on in the sequel because everyone's still on a low-level dungeon lol

Dex-chan lover
@Kirche No, I can say no because I'm rereading this. You have forgotten that wolves were eyeing his family from all directions. That's the one thing that actually had nothing to do with him. Not only the other local families that wanted the Xiao clan gone to steal their estates, but the Soul Hall was using the Yun Lan sect to ruin the clan and snatch the ancient key. Gu clan had sent Xun Er to find the key. It's possible Xiao Yan wouldn't have actually grown so close to Xun Er if he hadn't lost his powers because she (in addition to his old man) was the only person who still believed in him and didn't abandon him. Without that tribulation, who knows what might have happened. Yan Ran might not have had an excuse big enough to cancel the marriage. His brothers would have died due to the Yun Lan sect plots. His father would have still got kidnapped by the Soul Hall or the Gu clan. At that point, left without a background and largely powerless in the big picture, one faction or another might have got him as well, and, once again, Yan Ran would have rejected him, though this time he couldn't even have dreamed of challenging her.

So, no, in the alternate timeline Xiao Yan would most likely be a corpse, a Soul Hall slave spirit, a very mediocre wandering cultivator without a home, or in the very best scenario a perfectly unremarkable, average student at the Jia Nan Academy (although the whole Jia Nan Academy might be destroyed due to Xiao Yan not being in any position to deal with the essence flame going berserk).

Dex-chan lover
@InfiniteParadox Ima be honest here, i have no idea what 9-months-ago me was thinking at that time, so i can't continue with this convo without making myself look like an idiot

Fed-Kun's army
@Wolvenworks kek, I understand that.
I just like replying cause I felt like making some type of comment to someone rather than just making a blank statement every once in a while.
Didn't expect a response so fast from a 9 month old comment either!
Lol!

Dex-chan lover
@InfiniteParadox (i mean it's not like a 9-month comment would generate a 9-month reply but oh well) i just happen to be around since i couldn't get my fix of mangos yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread