Author Chapter 6 (Sousou no Frieren)
i miss himmel even though i wasnt the one who spent so many years with him
...Fern became a maid
Well, the random deaths of old age have slowed down since this started progressing at a year per chapter at least...

The actual happenings are still all so utterly dull though.
And while I've seen the sun rise many times, it almost always seems to look better when it is setting. I've seen vast numbers of good sunsets... and yet sunrise is almost always dull by comparison. Something in the arrangement of the clouds maybe. For some reason sunrise gets much more attention in manga. Probably because of these mundane plebs having some disgusting fixation on sunlight.
They also like calling plain and boring things "beautiful" (and vice versa in some cases). ¬_¬

Well whatever.
Dull chapter... again. Steadily losing any motivation to continue this... but there are only 15 chapters anyway at last check... weren't there? I can probably endure through that.
The time will continue to slow down...
...as she gradually perceive it the same way human did.
Oh wow. This is one of those sad friendship moments. Like "Maybe The Real Treasure Was the Friends We Made Along the Way" kind of thing but with an air of melancholy. Definitely one of my favourite things to feel sad to.
@Soticoto You do know that Japan is known as the "Land of the Rising Sun", right? Also, consider the fact that for them (and this is probably the reason they call Japan that), they have a sunrise that comes out of the ocean, and thus probably has more beauty to it than most people get to see (depending on the weather/condition of the sea), compared to it setting into China. I think that, depending on where somebody is, and the landscape around them, is which one can end up looking better.
@throwaway4ccount : You might not be familiar with the experience of living on a relatively small island... but you can't see the ocean from everywhere in Japan. Probably not even most parts of it... and about half of those would be looking in the other direction. I'm in Britain, which is roughly similarly sized and has the North Sea nearby... and Ireland blocking the view of the Atlantic in the other direction... relatively speaking. It'd still take me several hours to get from one side of the country to the other.

Anyway... it doesn't much matter. My sunset / sunrise comment was just an observation born of curiosity and whimsy comparing trends in manga to my own personal experiences. It isn't something I'm particularly invested in.
This show, evokes such a sense of nostalgia and memory in me. It's like reflecting on your own life, days before you know you're about die. Makes me feel like I'm wasting my life not making enough memories, or doing something worthwhile. Why can't we live to 1000 years 😥😥😥
Really shouldn't have told my sister to go away when she wanted to play all those times. Kinda regret it now that we grew up and moved away. Now I just want her to come back so we can watch one of her stupid fucking drama series together.

Ugh, fuck feelings and fuck this manga, too. Fuck.
I'm sensing the ending being when she dies she will meet them in heaven as they were waiting for her patiently, her party, the hero and then continue on the journey there, getting to know each other, laughing and addition to this time staying with each other forever.

THIS NOT A SPOILER just my thoughts on the possible conclusion of this manga.
P.s Is she the only elf in the world? Can't she start a family with another of her kind or atleast befriend someone for her kind? I think that might be good for her.