Chapter unavailable

Group Leader
Hi, i have a little problem, i've uploaded a little ago a new chapter in another language and it says that it's unavailable, i can't see it on my profile list, but I can see the preview on the home and in the state of the series page counts it ... why?

Contributor
@Kouhakuho
There is some sort of (manual?) verification process behind-the-scenes to ensure MangaDex does not get overrun with spambots and troll releases (April Fool's Day notwithstanding).
Most of the time, several hours will pass before the actual pages of the chapter become visible.
Amusingly, the comments page of these chapters (which can still exist before the pages are available) will have many wondering just what the hell is going on, with some of the savvier ones just waiting it out patiently.

Group Leader
@justforthelulz
thanks for the reply,
than i have another stupid question😥,because of that i've uploaded 2 time this same chapter, i have to make another request her or not? because i can't remove it now... i wouldn't want to be labeled as a spammer for my foolishness...

All first time uploaders have their uploads automatically put into a Moderators Queue. This queue is MANUALLY checked so basically it both depends on how many are in said queue, and when one of them decides to check it. Once an account has an "aproved" release, their subsequent releases dont get put into the queue and can upload as normal.

Even while a upload is in the Queue you should be able to view your own uploads by clicking on your Profile, and there should be a Pencil next to each entry. Thats how you "edit"/upload a V2 (you dont mark it as a V2, you keep the same entry for all the other fields and just upload a new zip containing the whole chapter with the fixes) or Delete a release.

The Queue also helps keep "READ FULL CHAPTER AT XXX.XXX.SHADYURLHERE" type uploads, uploads that have the chars dialog replaced with things you'd hear in a KKK/Trump Rally, and credit pages that contain rickrolls or something from "The Most Offensive Page on the Internet"

Miku best girl
Admin
It's now all first uploads in each language. The spammer was uploading 1 legit chapter in a different language and then upload spam under English. Looks like since we implemented this, the spammer has given up lol.

Group Leader
@Holo
Sorry to bother this thread after 7 months of inactivity, but would it be possible to add the "First upload in each language" clause to https://mangadex.org/rules? I had taken a look through multiple threads and pages before I ultimately landed this search on page 2 of Google.

The rules page and upload page currently don't have a direct note stating all first uploads in a language will be held in a moderator queue. It'd be very helpful for it to say it on those pages!

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread