Unofficial Coloring

Aggregator gang
Unofficial colored manga should not be allowed as its releases just clutters up the chapter selection page and they're half-assed coloring. Uploaders who upload unofficial colored mangas should also have their uploading rights revoked because they bring nothing to the table.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
There's no official policy yet, but the suggestion I made yesterday on the Discord server would be that if a group wants to include 1 or 2 fan-colored pages, they're allowed but only as extra pages at the end of the chapter, much like we currently allow a credits page, a joke edit and so on, the reason being that coloring is inherently destructive of the original art in a way that cleaning is not. As such, the original non-colored page must naturally be included. I'm not sure if full fan-colored chapters should be totally banned, but if not, no uploads of colorings of other groups' releases are allowed without the original group's permission, and not allowed at all if the coloring is only partially done.

Contributor
I suspect this has already been covered in discussion, but I would like to say that if full fan-coloured chapters are allowed (Myself, I don't think they should be—unfaithful representations or remixes of source material should just be kept as an April 1st tradition, I feel) I'd prefer it to be required that it be obvious up-front, that that's what the chapter is.

(That is to say, I assume this conversation is coming up in the context of the Gokushufudou fan-coloured pages—which now say "fan-coloured," but didn't have any such indication originally.)

Aggregator gang
For clarification, I'm not talking about group inserts where maybe a single or spread that's been colored to further illustrate an scene or even translator notes etc.

Maybe people enjoy reading these fan colored chapters? If so then I propose an compromise to be able to filter out these chapters like how you filter releases by language.

Users who are viewing this thread