Author Chapter 38.2 (Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami)
I guess this was why the first prince is staying in the shadows and would have preferred if Iris also stayed away from the capital.

I wonder if Queen Dowager made the right move here. On one hand, she wants Iris reintroduced to the Aristocracy while she is still relevant. On the other hand, this has brought Iris in a treacherous world and she may very well be targeted in the future. It's a good thing she has excellent bodyguards.

I wonder how aware Queen Ellia was of Iris. Before Queen Dowager revealed that Iris was the manager of the Azuta company, most nobles seemed to believe that the prime minister was responsible. I guess that would explain why Queen Ellia wouldn't care to bring them over to her faction as the Duke's family of Armelia is known to stay neutral.
Dammit, I need more
Ppl rageing about spoliers when in fact all was already explained in the mango. o_o '

Well, I just started reading this mango recently so it might have been easier for me to connect the dots than people who read hundreds other mangas and got confused.
i came here for the economy and management enjoyment..... not these politics and conspiracies... still gonna stay for iris though :3
If anyone attacks, they better make it a fucking gauntlet to get through. Castles with multiple gatehouses, 2 gates each with murder holes, choke points, kill boxes. machicolations, the whole shabing. Make every foot taken be hell to get. Steep ass hills to slow the enemy.