Author Improvements to data saver option, servers and recruitment for a dev to work on...
How about IPFS?
https://ipfs.io/
It has a js implementation here: https://js.ipfs.io/
Last edited 9 mo ago by RadiantPlatinum.
@e97 They used it before and were kicked off. Still, the servers must dispense the data so that's no help.
Thanks for your hard work!

be safe!
Why not use Cloudflare as a CDN?
@eanugrah They used to have Cloudflare, but due to some asshole uploading official rip chapter of Naruto's son manga, it was removed.
@eanugrah
e97 wrote: What about Cloudflare CDN free-tier?
Samhill wrote: They used it before and were kicked off. Still, the servers must dispense the data so that's no help.

Earlier in this thread:
Holo wrote: A proper CDN company isn't going to accept payment in Bitcoins anytime soon, lol. This is also the reason why we aren't on Cloudflare, because we would have to pay - we use too much data for the free tier (which has a unspoken limit of 1 PB /month, and we probably pump over 2 PBs a month these days)

So...
Why not use Cloudflare as a CDN?

Ethics and legality.
@eanugrah
Wow, nobody even thought of that before. You just solved everything! MangaDex is saved! Huzzah!
MangaDex@Home is nearing release now!
@Holo I've love to help with such a program. Just upgraded to gigabit fiber and I have plenty of spare space on my NAS to donate bandwidth and storage for MangaDex.
@KazuyaKan

https://mangadex.org/md_at_home

An announcement will be made closer to launch, but the page is now ready for sign ups!
I've only got a 1000/50 connection unfortunately so it looks like I don't meet the minimum 80/80 :( Thanks to all that do sign up though :)
@Holo

Would be neat if you could give the people who want to host a M@H server a perk where they can read all the chapters that just point to another website or have a certain date to "unlock".
Having chapters pup up in my follows list that just link to another webside gets annoying at some point.
Just tested my VPS on Vegas datacenter , up 500 Mbit/s down 5 Mbit/s .. 🤣quite hard to get 80mb up on cheap VPS though..
Last edited 9 mo ago by Ryzou.
I have a 900+/800+ Fios connection. I have terabytes of space available on server grade hardware that is on 24/7. I could easily setup a dedicated VM on said hardware just to run MangaDex@Home. But the dedicated IPv4 address would disqualify me, although I do have a dynamic dns service running. Any chance DynDNS could also be used?
@KazuyaKan

I think the dedicated IPv4 is just for the initial batch - once it's all good I think the client will support dynamic IPs.
@Ryzou

That specific number makes me wary. Check that you didn't get speedtest-cli from apt. Some Ubuntu versions have an old and buggy version of speedtest that limits the upload speed it records to around 4Mbps.

If you did, apt purge speedtest-cli and then pip install speedtest-cli and try running it again.
@Daktyl

Aahh, no wonder up always less than 5 Mbit/s

Will try on that

Update: now 500 Mbit/s down 1400 Mbit/s up 😱
Last edited 9 mo ago by Ryzou.
in the future, would you proxy connections to m@h nodes in order to hide their real IPs? h@h do this.
Anyone knows how to turn off data saver when downloading mangas using Hakuneko?