Itoshi Koishi - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Group Leader
Here's a snippet of something I wrote on my blog in response to the stuff in the last comment thread:

In response to the drama on MangaDex regarding the will of Takemiya-sensei, I've taken a few days to think the situation over. My decision is to continue translating the series so long as I get no formal complaints from Takemiya-sensei or an affiliated party. My reasoning behind this is as follows:

* After actually reading the Japanese portion of her Twitter bio, Takemiya-sensei uses "画像" (pictures, portraits, images), not say "漫画" (manga) or "作品" (works). This leads me to believe that she's more specifically talking about the sketches and/or teaser images she posts to Twitter and not necessarily an overarching, outright ban on fan translations.
* Other of Takemiya-sensei's works have already been translated in full and are still available on MangaDex. At bare minimum, this would indicate that there is no active policing of the supposed "no fan translations" rule
* Far more people have reached out to me to express their desire to see the series continue than have people who want me to quit until explicit permission is given
* Personally, I love this series and I want to keep translating it. If I ask for permission and am explicitly told "no," then I will respect that decision. The translation would then stop and I'd remove everything I've uploaded to MD.
* Asking for permission after I've already done 1-2 chapters seems rather... hollow and pointless? Sort of an "in for a penny, in for a pound" situation.

Are they all good reasons? Probably not, but I tend to hope that giving the series some momentum in a previously ignored market without any compensation for the work put in would at least garner some sympathy?

Dex-chan lover
What kind of friend is this ? When you have this kind of doubt toward your lover, you should talk to them not break up suddendly.

I adore this manga, many thanks for translating it.

It's very nice to see them sorting things out and properly talking about this.

@AllosaurusJei
Somehow i expect the girlfriend part to be the bigger issue.

Then again being the youngest at a party where you don't know anyone but the one who brought you. That is awkward as fuck as you don't have anything in common with the rest of the guests.

Group Leader
Forgot to add, there will be 1-2 chapters of tankoubon bonus stuff after this before we hit Volume 2 and Chapter 6. Not sure if I'll do them all in one go or if I'll split them up into smaller chunks. There are 2 5-page shorts, a 10-page chapter 5.5, a 1-page afterword, and 4 "extra pages."

Also, IIRC this is like the last big "misunderstanding as a plot point" story, so things get a little better from here on out in that regard.

It's easy to call Hina an airhead or dense since we know what's actually going on (most) of the time. However, it's sort of funny how relatable Hina can seem, since from her perspective Yayoi was like almost talking in a completely different language and assumed Hina would pick up on it.

Dex-chan lover
Hina's not exactly the brightest one, is she and that's putting it nicely.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the translations. Takemiya Jin's works are all among my favorites, and seeing a great Yuri manga always brightens my day.

Dex-chan lover
Keep up with the translations. If anything you are getting her work out there, which might make some editorial want to do an official release. Thanks for not dropping out.

@Lilliwyt Don't forget she's a highschool girl. Reactions and advices are way more dramatic at that age. I find the friend thinking highly credible.

Well, isn't this lovely?
Hope to see more happy moments and love filled hugs like this in the future >w<
And is she making a scarf in the last pages? that's so cuute >//w//<

Thank you so much for the new release Kii-chan <3<3

Thank you for continuing the translation of this series! I honestly forgot about it, but was pleasantly surprised by the update. Glad that the misunderstanding was resolved quickly.

I like this story a lot because I’m in a committed age-gap relationship (lmao that sounds so... anime), and while I was in high school, I felt a lot like Hina with the overthinking and overreactions. And yes, my partner is dense and a little childish like Yayoi. Always fun how fiction can mirror reality.

Dex-chan lover
So manga wouldn't exist if their characters talk things through xD

Group Leader
Yayoi: dense as hell. Glad that friend was there to tell her how things be hahaha. I also really love Yayoi's upfront personality. You don't usually see this about going with her gf to the party and introducing it to her co-workers. She's really confident.

Users who are viewing this thread