Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken: Mamono no Kuni no Arukikata - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Dungeon Exploration, Three Stars!! Part 2!!

Seriously... we go from a boxing glove in a box, to a tumbling boulder, darts, and a trap floor filled with high level monsters.
The transition is too steep...
And whats their goal with this dungeon? Is this suppose to be training? Are dungeons in this world full of spring loaded boxer gloves?

I still cant accept this OP revival magic, nor do i understand where these disposable monsters are comming from

Double-page supporter
in the WN, dungeon creation is a special ability of the Fairy Queen.
to a few exceptions (ie: bosses, workers ...), monsters are more mana-summoned life-forms than natural creatures.

Aggregator gang
@firefish5000 This dungeon was artificially created by Rimuru and friends. That's why it's mechanics are arbitrarily like a rogue-like dungeon-crawler video game. Adventurers pay a fee to enter, obtain treasure as they explore, die, and respawn with their loot. I don't know if the manga has gotten far enough to explain all of this, but we did learn all of this in the light novel at least.

@Aretheus
The manga has not gotten that far yet.

I understood it was artificialy created, but... seriously, does a slime who creates healing potions that already defy god, realy need a revival band? Cant he just do free treatment, and perhaps an auto teleportation band for the severly injured. I suppose my main issue is he now has the power to bring the dead back to life.... if its was just near dead it be one thing, but its revival, not healing.

And i seriously dont see the point in the dungon. Perhaps it will be explained latter in the main story, but I cant see where this brings profit to the city, only expenses...

Aggregator gang
@firefish5000 hundreds of adventurers are implied to be entering the dungeon and paying the entrance fee. Most of them aren't competent enough to get deep into the dungeon and get the actually expensive loot. It's a fictional world so I'm obviously not able to show you any financial reports, but within the context of the story, it is definitely one of the most profitable parts of the whole city.

@firefish5000 The revival band only works inside the dungeon. The dungeon is supposed to be an attraction for their city, so they don't want people dying in it, it'd be bad for business. They can't just teleport people out when they're about to die because they can't keep watch on everyone in the dungeon. And there might be times when someone instantly dies, making it impossible to teleport them out beforehand.

And iirc they make a profit from the dungeon because most of the loot that gets put into the dungeon are either failures or test products that the blacksmith apprentices made. Basically all of the stuff that isn't good enough for their army to use, instead of scraping them they toss them in the dungeon, and when people find them it generates attention and gets more people to visit the city and check out the dungeon. Besides most of the valuable stuff in the dungeon is so difficult to get to that they get more money from people constantly re-entering the dungeon compared to the money they lose when people do actually get the loot.

Dex-chan lover
To say, "You did a good job, Flamia.", after she died, would be quite cold blooded, if it weren't for the revival bands. Then again she got ripped to shreds by a bear, while he enjoyed a nice cup of tea or coffee. That's still pretty cruel.

Aggregator gang
I just like how the traps chain. Cross punched. Rest spot pressure trap into crushing ball. Safe room just off the side into arrow dart and then pitfall. Now if only the main story would get to this point so I can connect all the dots.

Fed-Kun's army
@firefish5000 Everything that has been said is true, but the real reason for the creation of the dungeon is for the sake of Rimuru and his friends (his most powerful friends) amusement. Since, if they fight everything would become dust, they get bored a lot and so, they treat the dungeon as some kind of magical vrmmo.

Thx @RandomPasserby, @Darkangel9357, @Aretheus
That answers all my questions, except for where these monsters are comming from (do they have bands too?)

But i still think its OP. Considering its size, and the low requirements to register a person for revival, i cant help but imagin that he has the entire city engulfed in such zones. If not, i expect at least gaurd towers and the gates to have them, as a precaution for war.

Aggregator gang
@firefish5000 My real issue with this manga is that this idiot uses a 3-star rating method. It's just such an uninformative system. Also, it's actually been a while since I last read the novel myself, but I'm pretty such Ramiris is able to generate those monsters.

@Aretheus
Generate monsters..... my god he is a demon lord!

And yea, that 3 star system.... she got me hopefull with the sudden 5 stars she gave to the clothes. And with everything being a full 3 stars, I dont think there is a point of including it in the guidebook. Maybey she will be a bit more pessimistic about being murdered.

@firefish5000 looking at the wiki, it says that since Veldora resides on the last floor of the dungeon, he is constantly emitting a high concentration of magic throughout the entire dungeon. Monsters naturally spawn from this magic aura. The closer you get to the last floor, the stronger the concentration of magic, which results in stronger monsters spawning. As for the bosses, those are monsters that Rimuru found and named. The bosses are also able to revive. Some of which are strong enough to be on par with Benimaru, Diablo, Shion, etc.

As for having revival zones inside the city, unfortunately the revival is specifically a part of Ramiris' "labyrinth creation" skill, so it can only work in a dungeon or labyrinth that Ramiris has created.

Fed-Kun's army
@pizhhh You know if your complaining like that and don't understand its better for you to read the WN/LN or wait for the manga to catch up this manga is like a spoiler for people who have not finish the main story.

@Qelix I think it was mentioned in LN that the labyrinth/bracelet has a pain reduction effect

@firefish5000 the monsters naturally generate from veldora's leaking mana (at least that's the explanation).

Regarding the revival I agree that's way too overpowered. But wait that's not all, the most ridiculous thing is (LN vol 14 spoiler)
that later Rimuru can also resurrect anyone who is killed even outside the labyrinth as long as he has the soul and a bit of original body flesh

Users who are viewing this thread