Mikansei Demo Koi ga Ii - Vol. 3 Ch. 9

These two are so in love trying so hard, and actually getting things across in the end makes my heart go KYUUUUN.

Dex-chan lover
these two nerds. kissing on the forehead is a sign of respect.
also, yuuya's shirt, wtf, so uggo for a date.

This is the kind of shoujo I like. Wholesome and doesn't have jealousy shit

Dex-chan lover
The whole first name basis thing being reallllly important is weird to me

@Ranzo The first name thing has to do with the way Japanese language/culture works. The closer you are to someone and the more you get to know them, the more casual your language is with them. And the way you call them has to do with that.
Using "FamilyName-san" -> "FirstName-san" -> "FirstName" as a standard: Acquaintances or just casual friends would use the first, closer friends the second, and your best friends/family would use the last one.
Tl;dr it's a bigger deal in Japanese culture to use given (first) names than it is in most Western cultures because it shows how close of a relationship you have with the other person.

I hope this was helpful and not too long!

Group Leader
oh god this is so wholesome. so much sugar.
thank you very much for scanlating this!

Dex-chan lover
I've never been a huge fan of the "messed-up first date" schtick. But this is still pretty nice.

Dex-chan lover
@Ranzo You get used to it. I didn't dig it years ago, but now it's to the point where I really feel it in my gut when Japanese lovebirds go for that first name.

Users who are viewing this thread