Himari no Mawari - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Kei's Feelings

Dex-chan lover
here's hoping the sister and neighbor hook up so the mc can have some peace and quiet back lol

Dex-chan lover
yeah no, i still hate her, everyone needs to end up alone on this manga, or at least the brother and this cunt do, the little sister could find another dude or girl to go out with, just now these 2

Aggregator gang
You know i think this is the first manga i have ever read where the childhood friend of the mc actually doesnt like him and is also a lesbian to add to that lol and its obvious himari is gonna end up liking him im going for glasses girl 🤓

Fed-Kun's army
Why does everyone hate Kei though? She not much different that the thousands of other childhood friend characters. Heck most of her antics even happen in real life with close friends like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Daxar

Concerning one of the scanlators' end-notes:

Actually, what Americans and Canadians still pronounce as /oː/ has become /əʊ/ or /ɛʊ/ in RP. For example, the OED says that “stone” is pronounced /stəʊn/. So “heuheuheu” is a pretty fair reproduction of an RP twit pronouncing “hohoho”.

Dex-chan lover
Also, you know, saying "hue" means that you're either from Brazil or making fun of hues (brazilians) who always use it in their posts.

Dex-chan lover
I still feel that this feels forced. Like not enough time is spent to build up her feelings.

It just kinda... Happen. Though I guess that is more realistic.

Dex-chan lover
Okay I am so very lost right now. This series could have been a good coming of age story about how the mc meets a little sister never knew he had and through her learns to be more open, sociable, and an overall brighter person. Then it could have expanded on how she helped change the lives of the MC’s friends and classmates (indirectly or directly). Or it could have been a generic harem series about how the little sister changes his world. Instead the mc isn’t the mc (what?), the little sister with the bubbly personality is the one that needs friends and her world expanded (okay), and the childhood is a lesbian that fell in love with her best friends new little sister that popped up out of nowhere (wait what?). It kinda felt like with were going in the direction I first mentioned in the beginning, except 18 chapters later and the MC still hates company, is still being rudely treated by his oldest friend, and it feels like the manga stopped caring about his character beyond comedy and some random drama.

I kinda have to agree with the Kei haters. The focus on her character and the random yuri has seriously derailed this series. At the very least the author should have worked up to it more gradually and made it more of a sub plot. Plus as it is a just find it unrealistic. I find it hard to believe that the childhood friend would feel so jealous over her best friends new little sister potentially liking him. In the first place even if she does like him the first thought that should come to mind is “wait they’re still technically siblings; I’m safe”. Secondly I would expect more internal conflict over liking her childhood friend’s little sister (depending on who you ask that is not okay), and thirdly the series doesn’t even address her being lesbian it just keeps throwing it in your face. Its not even like I hate these developments; its that these developments don’t make much sense and it feels like the series itself lost the overall story and theme it started with. I was interested with the premise and had hopes for it, but seeing where it actually went I’m just going to drop it.

Real Talk: why is there still no Yuri genre/tag/whatever? It could not be more obvious now

Contributor
I made something that both Kei-supporters and Kei-haters (Kei-ters?) can use for future meaningless internet points:

everybody-hates-kei.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I just hate the childhood friend for the way he bullies the MC. Anyway, I shouldn't be wasting time with this... lockdown, ain't that a bitch?

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261
The brother's not the MC. Himari is.

The manga's titled, around Himari. Or Himari's surroundings. I'm about as ambivalent about Kei as the next guy so I don't care what happens to her, so these latest chapters have done nothing for me really. I'm mostly curious about the popular girl who likes manga right now. I wonder how she's gonna reconcile her habits with her status.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, nah, I still don't like Kei because she goes out of her way to be unpleasant.

And as far as whether it's Yuri or not, "I look up to him" isn't really an answer. It's still very possible she loves her bro. This chapter didn't actually change anything about the Kei/Himari dynamic. Nothing got resolved and we didn't actually learn anything.

Users who are viewing this thread