Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken: Mamono no Kuni no Arukikata - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Dungeon Exploration, 3 Stars!!

Fed-Kun's army
"Why would that be a mimic..."

Then Rimuru laughed, The party laughed, the chest laughed... Then they killed the chest... good times.

Dex-chan lover
Why wouldn't it be a mimic?

I forget which game it was, but one time I killed a mimic, opened the chest it dropped, and it was another mimic.

Contributor
My take on why would it be a mimic part

As someone who reads Running Away From the Hero, always assume everything is out to get you.

Dex-chan lover
as a dragon quest player, I hate mimic as they always get you when you just finished fighting a great battle.

Contributor
@forecast That's the joke here, since if you've read the main series, Rimuru straight up says, "I'm not a bad slime, y'know!"

Dex-chan lover
Mimics; because the worst thing that CAN happen to you is always being eaten, and what happens after needs the H tag

Double-page supporter
"Why would that be a mimic." - Someone who hasn't played with an inventive, clever, & cruel DM before

Fed-Kun's army
Noone else commenting on how the guy tossing the rocks always seem so excited, as if he's actually hoping the chest would be a mimic?
Or maybe he just likes to toss rocks at stuff, enjoying the sound of the impact.

Revival band.... Because Rimuru's full power healing potions are not OP enough.
Also, where the heck are they getting these disposable monsters? Are they wearing these bands too? I just can't imagine anyone taking a job with the job description being "Be mercilessly killed, repeatably, every day". Feel so sorry for the Skellies.

Also must wonder what the entry cost is going to be. He has to attract people into his dungeon with loot, make the loot worth the pain and fear of death, and make the fee large enough that he still gains a net profit. I doubt the traffic increase from adventures and merchants following them will bring enough profit to counter the loss from free HQ unique items.

©firefish5000
All the monsters in the dungeon, save for a few special ones like 10th floor bosses, are bound to Ramiris and can revive indefinitely as long as Ramiris herself is alive and they don't leave the dungeon.

Regarding the loot, there's a lot of RNG involved. Not everyone who enters the dungeon gets to take home high-quality stuff, but the high-quality stuff that do get dropped are so much better than what is available to the common market, that adventurers flock the dungeon in droves. Rimuru specifically designed the dungeon to cater to peoples' gambling impulses.

Dex-chan lover
"Why would that be a mimic" poor naive soul. Boss loot isn't necessarily safe from the ever present mimic.

Gungeon comes to mind as a game where the loot from a boss could absolutely be a mimic.

Dex-chan lover
@brightamethyst Sounds like FFXIV's Palace of the Dead TBH. Kill a Mimic, that drops a second Mimic, that drops a third Mimic, that drops an explosive chest.

I mean, if it was me, I'd make the boss loot chest a potential mimic. Cause I'm sadistic like that.

Users who are viewing this thread