More Publication Status information?

I'd like to see more information about a series status's other than the fact that its currently ongoing. Stuff like what magazine it is or was published in. (Maybe a link to its Wikipedia page or something for further reading on that). Wither its a weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, twitter upload, or special status. Information you use to get more information on a series and find more like it. Also looking into a new series and getting a better expectation of how often translation uploads will be.

Not good enough. Best link is Mangaupdates, but then after clicking the link. I can see its publication, then I have to google the mag and search more to see what the magazine's publication schedule is. Not convenient at all. I'm asking for a simple piece of information to be put on the manga page. This will let me and others know what to expect when looking at a new series to pick up. its disappointing to discover a new series, see the group uploading has a bunch of chapters uploaded in about a week per chapter, only to find out that this series had been ignored until now, and now that group is caught up, its a month wait time now. Not the end of the world, but its nice to know ahead of time before I get more invested. As for another scenario See longish releases between chapters, think this series is on a monthly release, read it all anyway, only to find out group is slow, and at this point are months behind a weekly series. Nothing against the group itself, but in that case, I'd mark this series as "plan to read" and start it if/when the group catches up.

Why? This has likely been rejected as well.
Because it doesnt matter when the raws come out. You arent reading the raws here. Every group has a different pace. Things may happen to the author which causes them to miss a issue, or the group may have problems which causes a delay. Or the raw supplier may have a problem. If you dont like a groups release pace you can learn to source your own raws, clean them, and translate them.

Contributor
Do I sometimes wonder if a series is weekly/monthly/biweekly/whenever? Sure.
Do I sometimes wonder if a series is nearing its end, natural or axe? Sure.
Do I sometimes wonder if an author is back from hiatus yet? Sure.

Does any of this affect my manga consumption on this site, whose (mainly English) releases are at the mercy of various scanlation groups?
Insofar as there are more chapters or no more chapters forthcoming, I guess.

But I can't imagine most readers caring that much about this information that implementing it makes sense for the MDex staff.

is a Reindeer
VIP
The only thing we'll likely have is the publication start date? and end date? maybe

Any more in-depth information can be found on MangaUpdates, which are linked on most series better than we can display

Users who are viewing this thread