Option to search Hentai-only without having to mess with the toggle

Dex-chan lover
how about an option for searching only hentai for people who have enabled both hentai and non-hentai content? it's a pain in the ass to have to set the filter to hentai only, THEN search for hentai when i think one H tickbox in the advanced search would be handier

Dex-chan lover
I second this.

Though, I personally think a subdomain for H only would be preferable. The subdomain doesn't even need a separate database. It would work just like the main site, except it only shows H series, regardless of the H toggle.
That way, you could also browse through all H series, even if you're not searching for anything specific.

Regardless of how it's implemented, not having to deal with the H toggle all the time would be a welcome addition (and would probably put slightly less stress on the server).

Miku best girl
Admin
If we separated H, then everything would be separate. Eg, you wouldn't be able to see H stuff on your MDLists, for instance.

Couldn't this be solved by adding a "Hentai" genre tag for search filtering? Ideally you would still have to enable it once in settings, but once you do, then you can use the tag to only search for it.

Edit: Also, you can already search by the smut tag, but a lot of series in that genre are simply ecchi with explicit content, and not just hentai.

Group Leader
My question is that in the grand scheme of things, why aren't y'all using the N-word despite it having a larger database of hentai than MD, and being far easier to share?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@JustNatsuki Properly giving the scanlation group credit is one reason, I guess. MangaDex started from zero chapters, it's expected we'll always be behind other sites. Maybe some day we'll have a collection large enough that people can show off their MDList full of hentai to their friends :^)

Users who are viewing this thread