Search for manga with no demographic specified

More info in previous thread. I made this new thread because upon reflection, this is more a feature request than a bug.

When I deselect all the demographic options and try to search for titles missing demographics information, the search automatically re-selects all demographics. When someone adds a manga, they are allowed to choose "None" as a demographic, so it should be possible to search for manga without demographics informations.

Some possible remedies:
[ul]
[li]Add "None" option under demographic when searching[/li]
[li]Remove "None" option under demographic when adding manga (i.e., require demographic to be selected)[/li]
[/ul]

My main reason why changing this behavior might be useful is so that I can better see which manga are missing demographics data that can be added. Also, many web comics do not have a demographic listed because it usually just follows the magazine the manga is in.

@LowSanity
The problem is that there is no option to seach for "no demographic" titles, and not a way to exclude the demographics so when you deselect it all, it is treated as if you select them all. Further information:
– 5930 Shounen titles
– 6234 Shoujo
– 5587 Seinen
– 1591Josei
Total 33159 title regarless you select them all or deselect them all.

As for the usefulness, I have no comment.

@MavB_Ver
I can think of few other ways to fix this issue but it depends on if it's only issue of no search option or something more.
What i'm asking is if for example:
You want to find a horror manga that have no demographic. Can you find it by searching for horror with selected all demographics?

@LowSanity Yes, the sum of each demographic doesn't match up with the number of tiles when you select them all, which means no demographic is included.

@MavB_Ver
In my opinion the fastest fix would be forcing to choose at least one demographic but i do understand that it's more like hotfix then real fix.
I don't think that it need to be of any priority

@Holo
I'm sorry for summoning but it probably need to be looked into. Not as any important priority.
Thank you in advance.

@zomac Bump this thread and tag you. No respond from the devs, you can only hope for it to get any attention.

Users who are viewing this thread