The Revenge of the Soul Eater

Fed-Kun's army
hmmmm....
promising... story of vengeance.
I'll observe for now.

Not much to go off; 1st chapter has been split so it's hard to tell from only the 1st half(?). It's an OK start, but there was too much exposition and the MC seems to be your typical impotent Japanese MC. Given the narrative so far, I am guessing he'll have some hidden internal power or a demon inside of him that gives him strength that he didn't earn nor deserving. I'll reserve my full opinion for after a couple chapters, but based on what I have seen so far, this will not stand out against the crowd nor have lasting appeal.

Dex-chan lover
@Christopher :
he ends up with sex slaves, and does use them, including getting one woman to bet her freedom, and puts in lingerie before banging her that night.

@aixt : from what I have read (which is not that far in considering everything)
he tends to use the law and society to get his revenge on those who wrong him, but I did not get far enough for his "family" to come up

@sjmcc13
That actually makes it worse. Whenever manga characters actually have sex (outside of romance comics), it end sup rapey af.

lmao this guy
grew up to become some great swordsman who just barely didn't match up to the correct criteria to be a literal universe-saving-level-apostle-of-god-hero and spent three years picking up flowers not even thinking to use hi sword skills to do anything that could enable him to rank up. three years, and from the way the guild system appears to work the price for ranking up is fairly cheap. But he just picks flowers like a moron. Not even part time working in a tavern serving drinks. not teaching people his land's sword mastery. just picking flowers. wasting quest opportunities for beginners who have an actual drive to progress- no wonder the guild staff hate him. He is literally stopping people from being able to help people
This protagonist sounds brilliant and completely deserving of this revenge story.

looking pretty based so far. Nice to see an mc failing at things for once.

>synopsis looked interesting
>try reading first chapter
>MC gets betrayed for the lulz not once but twice

Oh boy...this is another one of those revenge fantasies that the elevens love to write isnt it? You know, where the MC just gets betrayed for ridiculous reasons because the bad guys are clearly self inserts for the author's bullies, and hes just writing the story as a way to get back at them years after he has already graduated?

Fed-Kun's army
@sjmcc13 thanks for the heads up with the smutish content... I might drop this now.

If the story is gonna be a cheap-ass bargain raepy story like most of mangas for horny tease cucks... I'll say no to this... I have my doujins already.

My predictions of where this manga is headed.
3fpblv.jpg

Double-page supporter
The lightnovel was begin with something interesting and ended with dissapointing

His method for taking a revenge was silly . Especially when dealing with woman enemy

unbookmarked it ( After reading the light novel)

*Edit*
Best title for this manga "The Revenge(fake) of The Horny Boy"

Fed-Kun's army
It's hard to say whether this will be good or not as it's adapted from a LN. But maybe it's my prejudice for LN adaptions these days.

Fed-Kun's army
I've read the web novel until 153/157. I don't read the Light novel version so I will only talk on the web novel.
The plot is OK I guess. It's a revenge plot. It involve Netori. Netori means MC steals other peoples woman. Opposite to Netorare. He did fuck some woman so its not one of those virgin cuck beta MC. He's able to materialize his power during the near death experience when he was live feed by the Flies King's child. It's a Katana with the ability to consume soul, hence it was named Soul Eater. The more he eat/kill the stronger he will be. He done his revenge and steal those 3 adventure woman and he went back to the island to visit his mother's grave. Currently there are 3 people that he aware stronger than him. His father and his left,right general. Sora able to see/feel his father's power limit and happy because of the stagnant position his father stuck into. His father stuck at the strongest position, where the only way to get stronger is to fight the same or higher level monster than he is while Sora will get stronger no matter what level of the monster that he kill/eat.

Fed-Kun's army
@Soveregin
I've read the web novel and I can say it is really not the MC fault lol. The other characters are really fucked up.
First of all he didn't "barely" fail the test, he fail it miserably. He was unable to kill a certain monster. At age 13 he was exiled from the island without anyone's help. This poor fuck had to start on a journey to a new land all by himself lol. He didn't pick up flowers but herbs. It should be useful no matter what lol. He didn't have any hi sword skill since he fail the test on the entrance gate so he can't even learn those lol. The test is like a qualification to go even further into the path of the island swordsman. The reason he didn't do other job is because he just can't let go of his sword. It's matter of pride on the promise he made before he leave the island and his dead mother. He can't teach other's people because he is a rookie himself, there is no sword mastery in him. This guy stuck at level 1 cap If I remember he can't get stronger no matter what. The guild staff are cancerous. Trust me on this. Later on the guild staff and the master will have their time to talk and it is cancerous as fuck. They turn blind eye on a crime supporting the criminal just for the sake of Adventure's Guild position.

@Christopher
MC tried his best, it didn't work. Other characters are fucked up I can guarantee that. "MC seems to be your typical impotent Japanese MC". Heh, wait till you see MC does his revenge. It's fucking great😏. So far I would say this is the smoothest revenge execution I've ever seen.

@aixt
There are kinda rapey/forceful scene but it is on the first adventure girl only if I remember it correctly. It's the magician girl attack MC cripple him, aggro the monster train to him so he can be used as a live bait to feed to a monster's child. Yes it is worst than murder at this point. She deserve it. It is a Netori plot. MC steal other peoples woman.

All the supporting cast members are assholes in their own right, there's absolutely no denying that. But the story hasn't really given me anything for the MC other than pity, pity, pity, and even more pity. Art style fits right in with the adventurer/fantasy genre, but not much story-wise. Understandably it's only 3 parts into chapter 1 but I still feel like there's a chunk of plot/motivation/goal/whatever missing.

@mismarca From what I've seen Mc seems to be just a selfish brat
His sword skills must be at least somewhat decent for him to have succeeded to the point of the final test, and not been disowned before taking the final test to pass onto the superior sword skills. Throughout his life on the mainland, as I have stated before, He didn't even attempt to better himself in any way. He knew what would happen if he failed, and he failed. On the island he could've chosen to be a farmer or something of different standard (I would assume not many trade ships go to the demon-inhabited island). Off the island, I'd assume he could not be a brat and do something other than picking flowers. Nothing you said has changed anything, in fact by you saying that THE MC IS A LITERAL FU%&ING RAPIST, you're lessening your point further. Not that you had one.
This manga is just a power fantasy made by some people who wanted to latch onto the success of revenge plots like "The rising of the shield hero" or something else. The problem with this blatant ripoff is that it's worldbuilding is so horrid it makes the MC to appear to just be a deranged, selfish, lunatic. He has no notable positives other than his, what you seem to be calling "mediocre" sword skills and doesn't try at anything or use what little skills he has to achieve anything.
The problem with the guild letting off citizens who do crime is the guild masters fault, he can run his guild however he pleases and he isn't the people doing these crimes. The MC may have a LVL 1 cap but what does that matter? Does he not even try to make himself smarter? Try to read books or gain skills not some dumb RPG skills, actual life skills for anything? No. Of course he doesn't, because he's a swordsman who made a vow to his dead mother, a mother who would totally be ok with this kid who is positively unqualified in anything picking flowers for a decade, going on a power trip and raping women weaker than him?
The people of this world are badly written. They exist solely to make the MC seem pathetic just so he can get super powerful and beat everyone around like a sociopathic nonce.
He is an objective bad person, and you should feel bad for trying to justify his psychotic actions.

Users who are viewing this thread