Isuca - Vol. 9 Ch. 58 - Aftermath

Dex-chan lover
That ending was pretty much the very definition of 'anti-climatic'. Particularly that 'final battle' with her presumed parents. Seriously, a bunch of jabber and one arrow and that's it. Show's over. Lot of build up for pretty much damn near nothing.

Fed-Kun's army
I have to say the final battle sucked, it was rushed. I'm glad that the stipulation for being the next head of the family was left in, since it was a huge part of the plot. Thanks for finishing scanlating the series.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, in the end the big conflict was over in a flash and on the romantic side things are far from resolved. It's an ending but not that satisfying of one. That said for some reason I still liked the vibe of it.

Power Uploader
I mean... the ending wasn't that bad... but the conflict they built up for 50 chapters was over in a few panels, with only a hand wave explanation of what was actually going on. And with a Seinen series you'd figure there'd be a conclusion for the romantic side of things, which there was, kinda, but wait, not really...

Very meh series in the end, but I'm happy it's finally completed.

Love the short hair, though.

Fed-Kun's army
Anticlimactic ending, but thanks for polishing off the last chapters.

It's a fine ending.
I want more detailed story, but I can accept this.
7.5/10

I feel like the ending is rushed. Feels like the manga got axed.

Contributor
Ah, well it's fine. Only took me 2834 days to finally finish this manga.

Double-page supporter
...death.

Well, not quite. Despite this volume being severely rushed I found the ending to be the best of a series of not good endings. Having Suseri being the head of the house while Sakuya and Shinichirou remain outside, but closely linked to, the house allows the dynasty to retain its power. The ending was sadly open, I would have liked for Shinichirou to reject Suseri or openly two-time.

As for the rest of the story it was fine. There were battle scenes, good devleopment on Suseri's end and a workable villian to keep the story going. Any story where a lead character grows from their household will always avoid getting a bad review from me. That being said my comment on chapter 34.5 still holds, that was a disgusting chapter that should never have been released as part of the story, fetish be damned. That, combined with mediocre art and indecisive min couple reduces the rating of this story, more so than the final volume being rushed.

6/10.

Users who are viewing this thread