Brother for Rent - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
I hope she grow up and forgot that she have a sibling. Have a boyfriend, part-time work while college, married and have lot kids, leaving that trash rotten in the corner. (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

If this story ends with her making up with her piece of shit brother instead of cutting off a toxic abusive relationship, I’ll be really disappointed.

Her brother is being even more immature than her and she’s still a kid. He needs to grow up and realize what he’s doing isn’t beneficial to either of them before his actions lead to more severe child abuse...

Double-page supporter
I really like this story but I'm already disappointed and considering dropping it because I know that due to one of the worst japanese tropes of families always making up no matter what, its gonna have a super garbage ending where kanami and her brother make up (with a decent chance that the story will make it seem like the shitty brother is somehow the victim).

Dex-chan lover
@Cyansoul I think older bro is mentally ill (not excusing his behavior). No amount of "growing up" will help that. He needs a therapist to work through the trauma.

I get a darker vibe from this story then what seems to be going on. At first I felt the rental brother was using the kid for money, but I'm not so sure anymore. After that, when they were going through his backstory I felt as if he had left something equally as important rather than just not making up with his father.

Dex-chan lover
I mean...I want to have a little bit of empathy being human and all but then I re-read the chapter where "the change" happens in him and that feeling just evaporates. Gets replaced by quite the opposite feeling, which in turn gets reinforced with every chapter he appears in.

Dex-chan lover
And this is where the pre-serialized version left off. Next up is some uncharted territory.

We can joke about the FBI all we want, but that last line actually makes me anxious. Her brother might call the cops on him or something if he caught wind of this.

Fed-Kun's army
I love how they delve into the "what makes one family" thing. There's the "actual" big brother but he's way too down the toxic hole because of their parents' death, and there's no adult he can trust anymore. And there's the "fake" big brother but he's really kind and treats Kanami like an actual little sister. Or maybe even better than your usual big brother, and like the picture perfect one that many dream of. (Their reasoning could also be as different as their actions though, that's just a theory.)

Personally, I think blood family is important but if they've become too toxic, and no honest communication works, it's better to just distant yourself with them. Not until they decided to change and are working on it, or they don't bring you trauma anymore, it's for the best to just slam that door. I know how much one may yearn for that connection, nevertheless you shouldn't yearn for something that just hurts you.

Power Uploader
Why yes, I do pay præteens to spend some quality time with me, how could you tell?

75379792_760447824426433_2763534802061790114_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread