Detective Conan - Vol. 99 Ch. 1048 - Why Are You Crying...?

I don't think it's a coincidence that Tsutomu ( Vermouth in disguise) mentioned that he injured his head and contracted amnesia , and also Kuroda's story is that he was in accident and is missing a few memories... Since vermouth knew Tsutomu's voice I assume they have met before and she might have seen something that she came up with the head injury story... Well if my deduction is right than that's the case..

Fed-Kun's army
As usual if you aren’t Ran or Shinichi then Vermouth don’t care

Dex-chan lover
Can't help but hear "Why are you running" when i saw the title

Dex-chan lover
I think I got it
It's the manager. There are many different ways to fix a dried-up marker. I think in this case the manager revived the marker by giving it a strong shake.
Dipping them in alcohol (for some markers even warm water does it) is one way of fixing them so maybe the author wants to use the dropped wine bottle as the method here. Just shaking it is the quickest and easiest method though so I'm going to assume the dropped wine is unrelated to the solution and only serves to limit the number of suspects.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I feel like it's kinda impossible to know Detective Conan's actual timeline since it's been going on so long and *technically* has enough events to span years in-story, but now I'm super-curious about the timing of Vermouth and Mary's meeting. At present, Vermouth KNOWS the drug can potentially shrink people thanks to Shinichi/Conan. If she met Mary after she learned about the drug's effects, then the fact she chose to use it anyway stands out to me. I feel like the boss wouldn't give her hard orders to use THAT specific drug. She's been hinted to have some anti-BO views in the past, so maybe she was gambling on it shrinking Mary to try to get more allies for Conan.

@fennec
I also think of that possibility.
However, the thing that weighed Vermouth down is the fact that she has killed Jodie's parents cold-bloodedly. I don't think such horrible person who was capable of killing innocent people without batting an eye will sincerely repent in this manga. If Vermouth want Conan's side to win, then it should be because she'll gain something for it. Maybe a full pardon of her past mistakes?

Dex-chan lover
@Starstruck
I agree, she's not one to spare innocent people for no reason. She DOES seem to have a soft spot for kids in general, but Mary obviously doesn't count. I think she wants the organization to fall, but she's definitely not going out of her way to do so. The possibility of Mary surviving and becoming an ally to Conan seems like a low-risk gamble to me, since either it works and he gets an ally, or Mary just dies. No major loss to her personally.

That said, I ended up writing a more detailed post on a DC forum after posting here, and while writing it a thought occurred to me that she may have been specifically ordered to use the APTX-4869 after all, and carried out the confrontation the way she did in order to make sure there would be no body. Basically, the amnesia story bugs me because it's the flimsiest excuse possible. I think she intentionally chose a weak story to make Mary suspicious from the start and force a confrontation there by the river instead of waiting to go to a more secluded place. That way she could throw Mary's body into the water after giving her the drug, so she'd be just as likely to drown before the drug killed her and thus avoid suspicion if her body washed up somewhere. If no body is ever reported, that's even better.

The key motivation would be to make sure the Black Organization wouldn't need to recover or care about the body. If she DID survive and turn into a child, the BO would obviously take a look at all the other victims, and there's already been a lot of suspicion about Shinichi in the past. It wouldn't take long to find Conan and make the obvious connection, and since he's living with Ran they'd BOTH be in immediate danger.

Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but I do feel like Vermouth had SOME extra purpose here. Seriously, the amnesia story is so full of obvious holes, it's like she was barely trying with it. As someone who specialized in disguises, her acting felt completely off.

Dex-chan lover
Couple months ago?!

When was that case where Conan saw mom in that hotel balcony and Sera first said "little sister from outside the domain"

In real life that was probably two years ago right?

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder if those few months that past in the flashback with Mary are prior to Kudou taking the APTX-4869 or after? And if it is after, wouldn't that mean the events that transpired with Vermouth finding out Kudou isn't dead and just reverted to a child are in play? If so then i love it! I've always been on the rope about Vermouth and her placement in the B.O when she's done a multitude of things that would be deemed as a violation by her peers and ultimately a hindrance to the B.O in totality. Vermouth's character to me is the most important in all of this... her hands are not clean by the slightest and honestly just as dirty as the rest of the B.O but she appears to have a inner turmoil situation going on within herself that she fights than her cold persona gives off, I definitely see her using the leverage of being the boss' favorite to destroy the B.O from the inside out. Maybe that's just her own vendetta and not righteousness but the reason for her possibly doing that has yet to be revealed which is why I'm so fascinated by which way this story can go.

@Imikotris
A vendetta! Now, that's one plausible reason. Good thinking!👍
Vermouth might help Conan discreetly because she has a grudge against someone within BO, possibly the boss himself.

Aggregator gang
I hope that Tsutomu is still alive... and how was that a couple of months ago. Detective Conan's timeline is messed up lol.

@Ovdose
yeah, it should be
the manger since he's ambidextrous and because he could've fixed up the marker as you said. But there might be a chance like Takagi said, that another person wrote it with his left-hand to frame him and remove suspicion from himself/herself

Fed-Kun's army
@Starstruck

That's definitely what I'm predicting, her relationship to the boss is unknown but I see it as one sided meaning the boss feels strongly about her but she couldn't care less about him. I believe she spared Mary to assist Kudou.

@fennec
I think she knew the shrinking effect for a very long time , which i supposed made her boss's favourite. So knowing this either she was instructed to kill Mary with the ATPX-4689 or she was working on her own ( just like she did with killing haibara back in her arc , and also recruiting calvados)and fed her intenationally the poison to make an ally for conan. So yeah either she was gambling with Mary or she already knew that there is 100% chance . Btw anime 608-609 is precisely 1 month after 266-268. This is because 266-268 is Valentine's Day, and 608-609 is explicitly stated to be the White Day that follows that same Valentine's Day

Users who are viewing this thread