Option to search Manga by length (no of readable images)

I dont know this has been suggested or not, I couldnt find it on megathread.

Some manga are short, some manga are long. I would like to filter it down so i can pick the long or short story mangas.

if we filter by no of chapters it is inaccurate, because some mangas have long chapters, some have lots of short volume/chapters. So it is best to sort it by numbers of readable images, would be nice to be able to filter it by numbers of readable images especially the completed titles.

for example filter it by 5 simple categories

Very Short
Short
Medium
Long
Very Long

Dex-chan lover
TBH can't imagine people actually looking for mangas based on the page length...its like looking for songs from the length. might be useful for SFX, but not for everyday browsing...

TBH can't imagine people actually looking for mangas based on the page length...its like looking for songs from the length. might be useful for SFX, but not for everyday browsing...
It is actually relevant to story.

When I wanted to search for manga to read, I aint interested with super short manga that

1. It is 1-2 chapters only, B4 u get warm up, it ends.
2. The translation is only done by a couple of short chapters.

If I am looking for long story, it means my mind is focus on just 1 manga. It will be a while b4 I move on. Stuff like these is really important factor for reading manga.

VIP
Compare Pixiv (e.g. with this series), which displays the number of images per chapter (but as far as I know doesn't let you filter on these numbers). Danbooru's pools lets you sort by the number of images in each pool. For comparison with a website with text-based data, compare also AO3's search, which lets you query by word count, e.g. "words:1000", "words>1000", "words<1000", "words:1000-5000".

Maybe this could be useful for sorting/categorizing one's personal lists. Also, page count metrics might be interesting to those curious about average page counts for weekly vs. bi-weekly vs. monthly etc. magazines. In theory, you could scrape these numbers by counting the pages with a script, but it would certainly be easier if the number were already precalculated and given. Though one would need to clarify: pages per scanlator group? pages per language? total pages? etc. See also: #18032: Show how many chapters a series has when searching

Users who are viewing this thread