Dex Classic mirror.

Obviously I cant say I know all the behind the scenes of the site. So it may very well be cost or time prohibitive. However, itd be great to have a mirror site based on the old design that worked for all.
If it were possible, what would the staff need from the community to bring it to fruition?

VIP
I really doubt they'll do it. The point was to fix a lot of bugs, improve performance and reduce bw use

I agree that it's unlikely. Though there seems to be more bugs now than before. Bandwidth could be an issue, but one that's not completely unsolvable. It just seems the previous version was able to reach more users who accessed the site through obscure browsers. While the new version is more mainstream and myopic in accessibility. I also enjoyed the less is more philosophy of the previous iterations.

VIP
With every release new bugs arise, that's normal and will be fixed. The previous version was, as you said, able to reach more users who accessed the site through obscure browsers; but the site should work for most users first, exceptions come later or can even be discarded. At the end, the site will be what the admins want, wever we like it or not.

I'm sure a majority of the bugs will be fixed in due time. It seems the admins put a lot of care and attention in attempting to fix as many as possible. However, I'd argue that the previous site did in fact work for most users. At the very least more than presently. In fact even when v3 originally released it still worked for most with some minor hiccups that could be circumvented. It seems to be the bug fixes that interfered with that a day later. I agree that the site will inevitably be whatever the admins would like it to be; however, the more successful approach would for it to be what the users want it to be. Communication is key to establishing a relationship that will benefit the desires of both. I'd say they do a pretty good job at that as well. Although it's difficult to solicit for feedback from people who are commonly apathetic unless they're personally effected. Still, the original suggestion is simply a desire to open a dialogue in the community to search for solutions that are advantageous to all. I dont think any singular answer is correct -- but it'd nice to hear others ideas and thoughts.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Happily_Grim

I'm trying to get to the bottom of what broke the site on some browsers on the second day. Can you give an example of a browser that worked on initial launch, but then stopped working?

We've identified the issue and resolved it

Wow. It really did fix it. Great job, brother.
I didn't think being so specific about the time would make such a difference. I'm pretty sure you just fixed the problem for numerous browsers in one fell swoop.
Thank you kindly, sir. I appreciate the hard work.

Dex-chan lover
What is there to really complain about technical stuff? Just use chrome and everything's good. Firefox is slower and Edge... really who the heck needs edge?!

Users who are viewing this thread