Reporting system for Users/DMs

With the current system you can report both Forum posts and Manga chapters but we cannot report users or direct messages through a similar moderation system.

This seems a bit of an oversight. Especially with the sporadic spambots finding this site, which then have to be reported "manually" by making a forum thread about it.

In fact, it seems to be spambots prefer to abuse the DM feature more often than they would with forum posts or spam releases.

This could be either because they think it a more successful approach, or because the reporting system for spam posts/releases is so efficient I barely notice it.
Both seem good reasons to implement this for direct messages as well.

Personally, I'd think the reporting of DMs would be the be best approach, as the offending message could come attached with the report, but from a moderating standpoint I could see how it would be easier to handle these things on a per-user rather than a per-message basis as well.

@AbyssalMonkey

If it is, it isn't on the Planned Features list.

All I could find that is remotely related to this suggestion is Only receive PMs from friends/group members which is not the same thing. And while enabling such a feature certainly would solve the issue of spambots, it also blocks any good-faith users trying to reach you personally, while spambots would still reach any user who didn't have this setting.

Dex-chan lover
@MadeOfMagicAndWires
No worries, and it wasn't too hard to find all I had to do was limit my search by the time stamps but once forum search comes into play
we won't need to have this type of discussion anymore hopefully at least.

Users who are viewing this thread