Wa no Kage

Dex-chan lover
This only gets weirder
There is also lots of gore

Aggregator gang
i just clicked because his clothes looks like Ginpachi from Gintama on the cover.

Yeah, i also clicked cuz of gintama style clothes. The story is pretty weird. No real mc as of now.

This story is a literal masterpiece, it's the type of unique character/story driven mangas we used to have pre isekai era. If you like Vagabond, Gantz, Inyuasha and seinen in general you'll LOVE this!

I'm one of those people who clicked on this 'cause his clothes looks a lot like Gintoki's.

this seems really interesting! I see it's completed at 4 volumes already in Japan. hopefully it has a good ending.

@taikutsu18 The problem is isekai has been used as a method of avoiding solid world building and just general basics of story telling. This has resulted in a majority of the mangas coming out being EXTREMELY similar. Level system? Check. Truck-kun? Check. Overpowered ability? Check. REALLY REALLY LONG NAME? Check. Isekai that is almost indistinguishable from other mangas? Check Check Check. Before the Isekai era we had many many more original stories that were completely unique from the other mangas/anime out there. This story is entirely unique and not a copycat of anything else. Hence my praise on that alone.

Dex-chan lover
@Kageshinogi except... did we? To me it seems that the amount of interesting shit stayed the same, we just have more isekai trash as well (I might be wrong but it seems as if the vast majority of isekai manga adaptations are web only, also, once again, vast majority of the derivative works are done by meh artists that would have problems publishing original work). The problem is more prominent in anime than manga, as there isekai are indeed made instead of good original stuff.

@Kageshinogi I agree with your point that an actual original story is a huge relief after all the mediocre isekai. Compared to those, this may feel like a literal masterpiece but I worry that it's simply going to be a mediocre original story. Which is still better than a mediocre isekai.

Art concepts are original but all the characters look the same. Details of the expressions is lacking. World building seems decently thought out. We'll see. I hope he improves.

I'm reserving judgement but @Niewaznekto could be right. After trying to account for his spelling, I believe I know what he's saying.

@Niewaznekto hahaha!

Your editing helped a lot! I'd agree with you. The proportion of good original works is low in general, so anytime an original idea pops up, it gets more acclaim than might be warranted.

This one is original. Not yet sure if it's going to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread