Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay - Vol. 1 Ch. 15 - A Tiny Hand on the Train

@chusetto they can...

If you're implying that one member of a gay couple could adopt as a 'single' parent. Yes.
But then the partner has no legal right to involve themselves with that child's life and can only be acknowledged as a parent in private or safe spaces...

*cries* I want him to have a baby while being true to his sexuality. 😭😭😭😭😭

(shit, maybe his endgame relationship will be with a widower or a man who otherwise has custody of his kids bc that's what this boy DESERVES)

Fed-Kun's army
@AllosaurusJei That makes me wonder what Japanese law would make of something like shared motherhood IVF, i.e. where a lesbian couple has a child by having one partner donate their egg, and impregnating the other partner via IVF+a sperm donor. In that scenario, both the biological and birth mothers would have a right to the child. They couldn't invalidate the biological mother's parental rights for obvious reasons, and also would have a very difficult time invalidating the birth mother's rights, since there is plenty of precedent with straight women who used a donor egg+IVF and became the legal parent. It wouldn't surprise me if Japan just made an exception to screw over lesbian couples, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually gone to court about shared motherhood yet.

Of course, even if such an argument were successful in court, it wouldn't help gay guys like our protagonist. Ultimately Japan should just legalize gay marriage/adoption. But I do find it interesting how technologies like IVF can help illustrate the absurdity of bigoted laws.

Edit - To clarify since IVF isn't legal for gay couples in Japan, the couple in this hypothetical could go to another country like the US to have the procedure done, and then return to Japan pregnant. My understanding of Japanese law is that fertility doctors are barred from assisting gay couples, but a gay person getting IVF somewhere else isn't breaking the law. As such from a legal perspective such a procedure would be valid I think.

Group Leader
@emilylovestea They're not misnumbered, for right now there's really two chapter 15s. The problem is that some of the volume chapters are extra content not released on the web, but the web chapter has the same numbering and hasn't been put in the volume. If volume two gets released, I'll reorder the chapters again according to the author.

Welp. Time to look into adoption options to give to your son when he marries his husband.

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact, Gay ducks will mate with the female and then steal her fowls away by making them imprint on them.

Why did I tell you this? Leave it to your imagination.

Dex-chan lover
Aw maaannn. Poor kid, that's such a heavy thought to have. It's lucky for me I really don't want kids- but I like kids ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread