Image load error

I am having an issue where almost all pages in any manga I try to read get an image load error. I tried flushing my dns settings and clearing all site data including cookies; all to no avail. Is there anyway to fix this? The issue started a few weeks before the site went down, but was limited to just a few manga. It now affects everything.

Are you me? Everything is affected, even getting the forums to load takes forever. Wasn't there something about changing the default server a few months ago? How do we do that again?

Dex-chan lover
@VariaxNecros Not sure what your problem but there was an announcement about older manga chapters that has been uploaded (like 4 or 6 days ago and before that) are not currently available, maybe because of that.
Might want to read that announcement for more info and so on.

Oh here's the summary from one of the dev.

Edit:
Huh, I was called out for not making the link more clearer, my bad I suppose.. but someone appear to be giving one.. eh but here's the link anyway I suppose.
https://mangadex.cc/thread/200708/1/#post_1475158

Power Uploader
@ABCsOfLife, where I can find this announcement about images? Can U just give link about that?
If that not very trouble For U

@BobrykRori The front page at the top on browser, on mobile it's just below the latest update section.

This is the thread talking about MD coming back https://mangadex.cc/thread/200708/1

Also note I've found setting your server option to NA/EU1 seems to get most manga working (At least, of the 10 I've checked)

Power Uploader
@0ri, Click ON Display advanced settings, then scroll down and U will see Image server - U can change it

Power Uploader
@Valkynaz, thx for infolink.
My choice always was NA/EU1 and that now is no help. All "old" chapters can`t be read. Same result with any proxy or browser.

@BobrykRori Try https://mangadex.cc/chapter/114999/1 does this work? (Works for me), also want to link one of the chapters you're trying to read? Only thing I can think of is whatever transfer for the older chapters they're doing is incomplete atm (Not surprising when you think of the sheer number of Manga MD hosted before this all happened) so I guess the reliability of the older chapters will be spotty (In total I've tried about 10-20 manga with older chapters, and all of them have worked but considering the hundreds if not thousands of manga I have no idea if every one works)

Could also try switching to automatic, refresh, then back to NA/EU1 and see if that fixes it, could be a reader bug (Doubtful, but we can live in hope it's something that simple)

https://mangadex.cc/chapter/114999/1 works for me, but I can only confirm what BobrykRori wrote: Almost all old chapters can't be read.

Concrete example:

Tamen de Gushi chapter 198 works fine, 197 can't load.

@Mentar Have you tried changing the server to NA/EU1? Just tried chapter 197 of Tamen de Gushi and it works fine for me

Dex-chan lover
@Valkynaz:
Ohh!! That server change method actually works for me. I thought it would never work, so I never bothered trying.. Tried 2 so far, and they are indeed working. I shall try some more and report back.
It's likely regional-dependent, so I'm of Asia continent, if anyone is interested.

Edit: Tested 7 more, older chapter do load after manual server change. I only tested one older chapter per manga though.

Ohh right, never considered that it could be region based, would explain why it might work for some and not others (I'm in Australia if anyone wants to cross-reference what works and what doesn't)

Valkynaz: No change. I only have the option between Automatic and NA/EU1 anyway. Neither work. Tried cache deletion, reboot, anything. Still the same. 198 works, 197 fails.

Accessing from Germany.

Good news, it's working now! Whatever you did, it's been effective :)

Thank you!

Group Leader
The UK appears to be down.

We had issues when our American translator can see old chapters, but not our UK team-members. I used the Hola proxy; India and America loaded the chapters, but the UK just will not load old chapters.

Any idea when the UK will be fixed or do we have to use proxies permanently going forward?

Power Uploader
@Machineguns try to change the image server to NA/EU1 in reader setting, I also got the same problem and this solved it.

I think the new server still build its cache, and hope everything back to normal when the .org domain has been transferred to new server.

Edit: if still got error, try use vpn/proxy with USA/CA IP

For me neither recommended image server nor NA/EU1 does not work. Still get load error.
NA/EU2 is there, but it does not allow to choose it.

Users who are viewing this thread