The Strongest Girl - Ch. 21 - The Stone of Love

Group Leader
With each passing chapter, I despise Yena more and more. She is the worst possible type of "friend" that you could possibly have.

@FredFriendly It's pretty obvious at this point that she's just trying to push her friend to act. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure she has no interest whatsoever in Young-Min, and only want Sae-Mi to stop being a coward and finally confess her love.

Group Leader
@Kekitus Yes, we know that that might be the case but the way Yena is going about it is not something that a real friend would do. Being dishonest, deceptive and cruel is not how you should go about being a friend.

Dex-chan lover
What ever happened to just being straight with people? Why does Yena have to act like some cheap ass Gundam villain and it'll somehow be okay cause it works out in the end? The author is borderline lampshading the potential ways this could go horribly wrong and I'm not even sure they are doing it on purpose.

Sometimes the end justify the means. Sae-Mi had this crush for years and never took a single step, so Yena is trying to push her to act through any mean necessary.

Let me just say this : Sae-mi is lucky Yena isn't actually in love with him, because otherwise she'd have ended up seeing her crush snatched away by her. And that means that some random other girl who isn't Yena and who actually likes Young-Min could show up anytime, and actually snatch him. She's trying to teach her that lesson the hard way, because Sae-Mi is such a wuss that the soft way won't work.

If you ever had a friend who is such a desperate case that talking some sense into them won't do anything, you know how hard of a situation you're facing... and that desperate cases call for desperate measures. And in this kind of situation, there are two types of friends : the ones who are willing to take said desperate measures, and the one who would give up and let you be.

So yeah, I'd much rather take a friend who is acting like Yena rather than a friend who would say or do nothing about the situation.

Dex-chan lover
@MacMeaties
What ever happened to just being straight with people?
The problem is that Sae-Mi is way too timid to ever do it herself, she needs something a bit more extreme than a talking to in order to ever get her moving and better this than somebody coming along and doing it for real. Basically what Kekitus said, Yena's a far better friend than one who would abandon her best friend and leave her to her own devices. As for FredFriendly I'm pretty sure he's never had friends to gauge what makes a good / bad friend with.

Dex-chan lover
@Amplify my problem is Yena never tried the talk or what I'll call the RoganSchaub. There is a type of talk you can have with a friend that is straight up calling their shit out and not in a nice way, in a way that leaves no room for ifs ands or buts, this is what'll happen if you keep on doing whatever it is your doing and you fix that now or else; basically an intervention with an ultimatum.
Yena never did that instead she went straight for a byzantine plot that lives or dies on Sae-Mi responding how Yena hopes she does. The author even included multiple examples of how this could fuck up the best of which being the "supporting a friend" thing from kindergarten; what if Sae-Mi actually did just swallow her feelings and support Yena in spite of herself? What if she valued Yena more than a potential relationship with her crush? Cause that's the thing, Yena's is now actively pitting Sae-Mi's crush against her friendship with her. Sae-Mi's choice as far as the situation presented to her is concerned is give up on her crush to support her friend or screw her friend to confess to her crush.

Of course it is going to work out and everyone will be happy and none of that shit will even be mentioned cause manwha but that doesn't mean the elephant in the room is any less pink.

Group Leader
@Amplify
As for FredFriendly I'm pretty sure he's never had friends to gauge what makes a good / bad friend with.

And what, prey tell, do you base your fantasy on? You shouldn't open your mouth unless you're absolutely sure what you're saying is the truth, otherwise you end up sticking your foot in it.

Users who are viewing this thread